Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Units 36A and 36B

HoofsUp

I am going to Archery Elk hunt one of these two units this year. Does anyone have any information about these two units that they could share? I am planning a trip over for some scouting in late summer.

Thanks for the info.!

Gotta be Idaho. Units 36A and 36B in AZ have 0 elk in them! Would make for A tough archery hunt trying to shoot a couple hundred miles for the nearest elk herds!

Idaho

Sorry, I guess with my first out of state hunt I blew my wad a little early!:eek:

IDAHO

I was in that country this fall and did see a couple of really nice bulls! Be aware though, that alot of that country can make for a LONG pack out. If you have pack stock or access to it, you might want to think about bringing it.

I've archery hunted in 36a. Great area. Can't tell you specifically where to hunt though. It just wouldn't be right.

IMO, the best situation is to back pack in a few miles and hunt out of a spike camp. Gets rid of 90% of other hunters.

Also, I'd for darn sure buy a deer tag as well. There are some nice bucks in there. Also, you can use a nr deer tag for deer, lion, or bear.

Wolves

I just heard from someone who lives near Clayton, Idaho. He said the wolves have really decimated the elk population. He sees a wolf almost every other day. He also said that the wolf packs will target the bulls after the bugle, the cows and small bulls will run off leaving the big bull to fight off the pack of wolves.

I am sure the big bulls would have to be already sick and dieing, because wolf packs don't target healthy animals.:eek:

I guess I may wait until you guys in Idaho start selling wolf tags and please keep your wolves on your side of the Snake River!:D

Thank you for the information about the units and let me know when you want to organize a wolf hunt, I will certainly help out when it becomes legal!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back