Unit 75/751

bucksnbulls25

Not looking for honey holes, buuuuuut... Just kidding, I know those posts are annoying, and I know that you should take any hunting specific info that you find on an internet forum with a grain of salt!

I will be heading to 75/751 for the 3rd season. I have done months of research, spoke to local biologists, and have pretty much gotten my game plan together. Any last things that I could be overlooking that are specific to the unit? This is geared more towards access issues, possible road closures, etc. that could be overlooked by someone not familiar with the area. I think I have done about all of the planning and research that I could possibly do, but maybe some familiar with the area could point out something that I could be overlooking or things that deserve extra consideration for this specific unit, aside from the obvious "be sure to stay off of rez land"?

Not looking for honey holes, buuuuuut... Just kidding, I know those posts are annoying, and I know that you should take any hunting specific info that you find on an internet forum with a grain of salt!

I will be heading to 75/751 for the 3rd season. I have done months of research, spoke to local biologists, and have pretty much gotten my game plan together. Any last things that I could be overlooking that are specific to the unit? This is geared more towards access issues, possible road closures, etc. that could be overlooked by someone not familiar with the area. I think I have done about all of the planning and research that I could possibly do, but maybe some familiar with the area could point out something that I could be overlooking or things that deserve extra consideration for this specific unit, aside from the obvious "be sure to stay off of rez land"?

How did your hunt go?

How did your hunt go?
It was an extremely tough hunt, with little cooperation from the weather, and very little buck activity. Over 6 days I bet we didn't see but MAYBE 12 bucks, with all but 2 of those being forks and spikes, and the other 2 being a small 3 and a small 4. I ended up taking a small, weird looking 3x1 on the last day just for meat, but that whole hunt was a struggle. Talked to a lot of people that we saw at the trail heads and on the roads and only saw or heard of one mature buck taken. Not saying there's no potential, but this is not a unit where you will be seeing bucks behind every tree

It was an extremely tough hunt, with little cooperation from the weather, and very little buck activity. Over 6 days I bet we didn't see but MAYBE 12 bucks, with all but 2 of those being forks and spikes, and the other 2 being a small 3 and a small 4. I ended up taking a small, weird looking 3x1 on the last day just for meat, but that whole hunt was a struggle. Talked to a lot of people that we saw at the trail heads and on the roads and only saw or heard of one mature buck taken. Not saying there's no potential, but this is not a unit where you will be seeing bucks behind every tree
What about elevation and terrain covered? Did the weather force you to stay down lower? Did you stay in one area of 75 or 751 or did you get mobile? I’m heading there for 3rd season this year and plan on getting up high snow or no snow, unless it’s snowshoe depth in which case I will stay around 8000 ft.

Let's see the 3x1!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back