Unit 51 Oct 17-21 mature bull

I also drew a unit 51 tag October 24-28th if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated I’m new to this area and never hunted unit 51 I’ve scouted 3 times now and found lots of sign and seen bulls outside of my unit.

I also drew a unit 51 tag October 24-28th if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated I’m new to this area and never hunted unit 51 I’ve scouted 3 times now and found lots of sign and seen bulls outside of my unit.
I will let you know what I see along with pictures after my hunt. I will not have time to do any scouting like I would have liked to.

Have spent the past two weekends up there scouting - our hunt is November 7-11, antlerless. We found water in two places aside from the two high-lake campgrounds. No sign that was even remotely recent. Maybe I should trace out where I went so you can avoid it - I am anti-matter to elk this season, I think. Our approach will be to get to camp a couple of days early and scout them right before our season - hoping things will look better. Cannot get up there more between now and then as we will be out of state, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping someone here has some guidance.

Hello everyone just joined the group a few minutes ago. I hope everyone is doing well during this crazy time we are in. I have been putting in for an elk tag for twenty years and this year I decided to check the fourth choice box. I was surprised to get a tag for unit 51, so happens, I live in Artesia, NM. I plan on going up a few days early to do some scouting. Planning on camping at the El Rito campground. I would greatly appreciate any information or suggestions you guys or gals may have. Thanks.
How did your hunt go last year? I drew unit 51 elk 2nd archery this year and am preparing like crazy. Was not expecting to draw and was planning to hunt Mt with a general season tag...but didn’t get drawn. Any thoughts or insights would be welcomed. Feel free to PM me.

How did your hunt go last year? I drew unit 51 elk 2nd archery this year and am preparing like crazy. Was not expecting to draw and was planning to hunt Mt with a general season tag...but didn’t get drawn. Any thoughts or insights would be welcomed. Feel free to PM me.
I wouldn't expect a reply. Typical new guy looking for help never to be seen again. He hasn't been here since October!

Welcome aboard, and where in Illinois are you from?

Maybe he caught a bunch of fish the first 3 days with the aformementioned fly rod he was bringing on the hunt and on the 4th day the elk moved from where he was planning to kill one on the last day so went fishing some more...LOL.

Thanks everyone. looking forward to sharing the hunt with everyone. will provide lots of pictures.

I had a tag during first archery last year shoot me a PM and I'll share what I can.

I wouldn't expect a reply. Typical new guy looking for help never to be seen again. He hasn't been here since October!

Welcome aboard, and where in Illinois are you from?
Central, which means I’m far from everything, 😉

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back