Unit 45 Idaho Cow tag

Lkuhn22

I’ve been doing research on unit 45 elk numbers but just can’t find much out. I’m trying to get my wife a cow elk tag for 45 for her first elk. Does anyone have any intel of whether there are plentiful elk in the area? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you've been doing your research it should tell you that there is a large amount of private land in that unit where the elk like to be. That doesn't mean that there are not elk on the public, you'll just have to work for it.

If I was going on a cow hunt in Idaho I would look into the green tags they are for areas around ag. fields they have added quite a few trying to control the elk damage to crops and most ranchers are very open to folks helping out with the situation if 45 has a lot of private land it could work out well for you

There are a lot of really great (and relatively easy) Cow Elk hunts in Idaho. 45 isn't one of them. If you want a good chance of success, plus a better quality time for your wife, you might want to look into some other options...

dgc1963 how would I go about getting a green tag for private lands?

Back