Caribou Gear

Unique Buck

Buck Fever

Well this year I decided to skip our usual spot and check out an area that I had scouted back in the summer of 08’. Only having a couple days to hunt due to focusing on my sheep tag my expectations were low. So I took off before daylight Sat morning with my bivy gear and made the 6 hour 3400ft climb into this new area. Sat evening was uneventful. Sunday my plan was to glass until noon and head for the pickup. Around 10 I glassed a group of bucks bedded on a brushy hillside. The 1 buck looked pretty good so I made the stalk to get in position to get a better look. Finally making it to my destination I looked him over and couldn’t resist. Just a nice solid general season buck. Mind you I had a long long way to pack this guy out with all gear and solo. The whole way out I wish I had taken up GOLF! :eek::eek:

2012 Buck 1.jpg
2012 Buck.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking buck with lots of character...very hard to pass him up!! Nice effort on your own, i like it that way, all the decisions are yours and you soon learn to make as many 'right' ones as possible!

That "pretty good" buck would be going to the taxidermist in a second! You Idaho guys certainly shoot some impressive mule deer bucks, bigger than any I have ever taken!

Holy Crapola, that is one fine animal. Bummer for ya having to pack it out alone LOL. Congrats on a beauty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back