Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Underappreciated

Spent MANY hours of my childhood at the local pond with a flyrod and foam spider fly catching these by the dozens at dusk. Worth every mosquito bite suffered - pre-thermacell days.
There was a little lake walking distance from our house growing up, mostly sunfish and stocker rainbows. Every day after school I would grab the dog and my fishing gear and run straight to the lake.

Spent MANY hours of my childhood at the local pond with a flyrod and foam spider fly catching these by the dozens at dusk. Worth every mosquito bite suffered - pre-thermacell days.

Same. I'd fish for then on many lakes, ponds, and rivers until the sun went down or all my foam poppers fell apart.

Same. I'd fish for then on many lakes, ponds, and rivers until the sun went down or all my foam poppers fell apart.

Before I could tie flies, my dad (who tied all of our flies, we haven't bought one ever #subtlebrag ha!) would get so pissed when I'd lose a bunch in trees/weeds... later on when I moved out and didn't have my personal fly tyer, I total understood his frustration. Granted I still get flies in the mail from him ha!

There was an old gravel pit that the G&F stocked with them. I used to ride my bike there & go town on them with my zebco 33.

Sometimes it was just a bare hook. Love those little guys.
The old zebco 33, that's all we ever had as a kid! I remember going fishing with some friends in high school and getting poked fun at for showing up with one. I didnt know there was any other kind at that age lol.

The old zebco 33, that's all we ever had as a kid! I remember going fishing with some friends in high school and getting poked fun at for showing up with one. I didnt know there was any other kind at that age lol.

Biggest cutthroat I have ever caught was in a Wilderness lake, using a pink 33 ^ a black powerbait worm.

Take that, shimano snobs. ;)

By far my favorite fish to catch and freshwater fish to eat!! My dad was fond of saying that if a bluegill got as big as a bass, you'd never get one in. LOL.

If the turkeys are quiet tomorrow, I may spend some time looking for some.

We used cans of corn.At the end of the day we would gut and gill a few,
stuff them in the can and set it near the fire for fish/corn chowder.
Looking back...yuck!
We also took bags of chips,mashed them up and threw them on
the surface to chum the water.No bait needed,bare hooks caught em'.💥🐟

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back