Under Armour Boots Anyone????

WyOpitz

I am looking at getting some new hunting boots, I was at Cabelas and saw some Under Armour hunting boots. They looked pretty solid and their gear is usually pretty good. I couldn't help myself so I tried on the Speed Freek. I must say this is one of the most comfortable boots I have ever worn! Not a lot of ankle support so may not be great for one who desires such, but fit my high arch very well. It was amazingly light and would be a great early season boot. These feel like a moccasin and would make an excellent boot for archers.

I also tried on the UA Ridge Reaper which was also very comfortable. It was a little more stiff (probably would be great once they were broken in) but had much better ankle support. These are probably most comparable to the Danner Pronghorns. I was pretty impressed with both of these boots and could not decide between the two. I have been doing some research but the reviews are limited as they just came out 8/1/11, so they still haven't been field-proven.

I ended up ordering the UA Caliber online to have shipped to the store, this is a little bit heavier duty than the Ridge Reaper and I thought I should check them out before I pull the trigger on some boots. I am going to try them all on this weekend and compare them and hopefully make a choice.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has purchased these or is thinking about purchasing these line of boots from Under Armour? Thanks again for your input!

Bryan

I dont own any UA boots but I do own other stuff from them and have to say I havnt had anything made by them I didnt like.IMO it is about the best gear I have found.

The only report I have heard on them was on another forum and they had squeaking with the Ridge Reaper.

My buddy has the speed freek and really likes them but we were walking back to the truck down the road holy crap are they loud in the gravel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back