Unconventional Taxidermy in Idaho

Interesting, but I could nearly get two normal ones for that much! My kid likes the triceratops...
I'm surprised it's more expensive. All they've gotta do is set the skull cap on a form and put the material over it. You'd think that would save a lot of time in the process.

I'm surprised it's more expensive. All they've gotta do is set the skull cap on a form and put the material over it. You'd think that would save a lot of time in the process.
Clearly you're operating from an outdated theory of pricing, where one calculates the cost of the item (labor and parts) and then factors in a modest profit for the maker. What you're supposed to do, is ask, "How much do I think some wealthy person might pay for this item?" It's that simple.

What's the price on a shoulder mount if you don't have a cape?

$200 for the form + $100-200 for the blanket 🤷‍♂️

It is an interesting .......? Being a past full time traditional taxidermist, I guess I would ask.....why go that route ? What makes it more appealing than the ‘real’ mount ? If it is only the art involved, I would think there are better forms of displaying ! But, whatever gets one across the river !!

It is an interesting .......? Being a past full time traditional taxidermist, I guess I would ask.....why go that route ? What makes it more appealing than the ‘real’ mount ? If it is only the art involved, I would think there are better forms of displaying ! But, whatever gets one across the river !!
I mean people hydro dip their mounts in camo :sick:

1612282800365.png

Pretty unique stuff looks like a cross between Dr. Suess and Fantasia Acid Trip.......

Wonder if he grows his own shooms to...

Betcha that stuff is popular in Aspen, Jackson, and big sky. Gives the modest mountain home the real western feel.

I was thinking they would be priced higher. Not sure who would want to put deer taxidermy artwork in their house on lake CDA that cost less than $2k.

I mean people hydro dip their mounts in camo :sick:

View attachment 172446
That's criminal.

I must confess my wife has something similar to the Op minus the real antlers and about a 5th the size on our wall. I guess it's a nod to me in an area I don't really have much say about. I don't like or dislike it. I do try to discourage her from trying to add my outdoor pursuits to her decorating style. I have that taken care of in my own spaces.

Ugh! No thanks. I see the same thing with psychedelic paint jobs on euro mounts. We absolutely will not do that crap. Like mounting a moose with a cigar in its mouth and wearing a hunting cap. Actually worse. Ten times more synthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back