Ultra noob from CO

LostFedExMan

Hey guys, My name is Hans and I'm from CO. I'm new around here and to hunting but have been an avid fly fisherman for the past 4-5 years. I feel confident in my fishing abilities and really want to learn to hunt. I'm 31 and have 2 kids under 5 so my time is quite limited right now. I've been doing a lot of research online about Turkey and Elk hunting both archery and rifle. My goal for this year is to get a Turkey for thanksgiving, we'll see how that goes. My ultimate goal is to get an Elk with my bow, that will probably be years down the road though. Just thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Welcome! Turkey hunting is a lot of fun, put them to bed at night, and then be were they want to be well before sunrise. You can never have enough bug spray or camouflage when Turkey hunting.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome! Turkey hunting is a lot of fun, put them to bed at night, and then be were they want to be well before sunrise. You can never have enough bug spray or camouflage when Turkey hunting.

Thanks for the tips, I'll remember that. My #1 goal in turkey hunting for the first time is to see a turkey. If I actually harvest one, well that's just gravy.

Welcome from another Springs-ian!! As a fellow AOH I would encourage you to get out whenever you can and learn through doing as well as garnering all the info you can from resources like this forum. I am on the north side of town and if you have any questions or need anything that I might be able to help with feel free to PM me. Good luck!!

Welcome from another Springs-ian!! As a fellow AOH I would encourage you to get out whenever you can and learn through doing as well as garnering all the info you can from resources like this forum. I am on the north side of town and if you have any questions or need anything that I might be able to help with feel free to PM me. Good luck!!

Wow, I am surprised by how many people in here are from CO. Thank you for the advice, I take every chance I get to head to the mountains. I am going to start taking my girls on the weekends to do some scouting while my wife works. One of them is under a year old, so I probably won'd be driving too far or getting too far off the beaten path. Should still be fun and a good experience for the kiddos.

Welcome. Was surprised FedEx greenlighted being the employer in Castaway, the movie. Do you carry a stopwatch? Have a volleyball? Like crab?

Haha, believe it or not I wasn't thinking about castaway when I created this handle. It was years and years ago, I was attempting to use LostUPSman because I thought it was funny but that was taken, so I tried LostFedExMan and it was available so that's stuck with me ever since. But to answer your questions, I don't carry a stop watch (but there is one on my phone), I do not own a volleyball, nor do I like crab..... I fail miserably as a castaway...

Welcome from NV. Great to see people starting their adventures in life with goals in mind.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back