Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ultimate Deer Rifle

Any good 7mm Rem mag or 270 winchester. As long as ether one is grouping 1" or better I wouldn't hesitate to take ether one out to 500 with a good bullet.

I’ve got a few deer rifles that I will never part with but I’m considering a new one. I would love another superlite but in 7-08 and mount it in an edge fill McMillan and put a vx3 2.5-8 on it.

From what the OP described, the Forbes 24B in 280 Rem that i unfortunately sold last summer. :cry:
Now the wife tells me to go ahead & hunt out west. :eek:
Wish she would have said that, BEFORE i sold that rifle! :mad:

So now i'm looking for something light weight again. Thinking a Tikka T3, or a Kimber Hunter.
Either way will be a 7mm chambering. 7mm-08, 280 Rem, 280 AI.

Remington 700 in 7mm-08, timney trigger, Mcmillan stock, 22"barrel. Swarovski Z5(i) 3.5x18x44. 140gr Accubonds.
My REM 700 in 7mm08 is one of my favorite rifles. I just worked up some loads using 120gr TTSX and I’m getting 3,178 fps.

Got a tikka t3x lite in .270 and it really loves the 140 accubonds. Gun is great and light but ended up putting a limbsaver butt pad on it to help with recoil a tiny bit

Endless threads on the best rifle for deer.
Few take into account the terrain they may be hunting.
There is no "one" best rifle for deer hunting.
Two best maybe, three best .....
That's how it really is.

Got a tikka t3x lite in .270 and it really loves the 140 accubonds. Gun is great and light but ended up putting a limbsaver butt pad on it to help with recoil a tiny bit
I have the Super Lite in .270 and mine likes those 140 Accubond as well. It does kick a bit for a .270

Back