Ukraine / Russia

We know NOTHING about these guys, just what they wanted us to believe. These could be fathers brothers etc, or they could be homegrown terrorists, terrorizing the Russians and they reached a point and went postal. I believe that we are being fed a storyline. Call me cynical, but we got sold this same B.S. about the Shah of Iran, Korea, Viet Nam and Sadam, etc. We don't have a clue about what is happening on the ground and We get involved in these messes and into a cesspool. No thanks. We can't even control what goes ion in Chicago and Detroit where hundreds are murdered each year.

We know NOTHING about these guys, just what they wanted us to believe. These could be fathers brothers etc, or they could be homegrown terrorists, terrorizing the Russians and they reached a point and went postal. I believe that we are being fed a storyline. Call me cynical, but we got sold this same B.S. about the Shah of Iran, Korea, Viet Nam and Sadam, etc. We don't have a clue about what is happening on the ground and We get involved in these messes and into a cesspool. No thanks. We can't even control what goes ion in Chicago and Detroit where hundreds are murdered each year.

You know nothing about these people. I trust the war crimes investigators from numerous countries that have reported on the case.

Been to war, things happen. Shooting people who surrendered and have their hands tied? It’s a war crime no matter how its explained.

Wasn’t there video a few months back of a Ukrainian soldier shooting Russian POWs in the leg as they unloaded from a vehicle. I guess things just happen huh.

War is hell. That has nothing to do with which outcome better serves America's long-term interests - an emboldened Putin or a weakened Putin are the only options - I know which one I choose.

Some Chechen's are reportedly fighting in Ukraine as well. Of course some Chechens still do not want to be Russian.

We can all certainly quote various news outlets that each of us trust or dont, and that is not the purpose of this question. Just wanting to know your opinion of the Wall Street Journal, which you posted. I know the older males in my family have read and used the Wall Street Journal for guidance and information for years. In your opinion, is the WSJ fairly "balanced" and "accurate" in their reporting. thanks

Looking at mainstream news today it appears that the war is no longer of interest to report on. We are back to the 73rd wave of runny noses, orgy fueled skin rashes, and the 30th month of hearing about how scared the most protected people in the world were when some neckbeard retards breached the capital.

They publish what sells. I must be different than others. I find the war to be way more important and interesting to follow than sniffles, bumps and how terrified the shittiest people in the country were.

Oh yeah, it says the there’s an invasion on the southern border. Same one there has been my whole life, but it’s more invasiony this time.

Some Chechen's are reportedly fighting in Ukraine as well. Of course some Chechens still do not want to be Russian.

We can all certainly quote various news outlets that each of us trust or dont, and that is not the purpose of this question. Just wanting to know your opinion of the Wall Street Journal, which you posted. I know the older males in my family have read and used the Wall Street Journal for guidance and information for years. In your opinion, is the WSJ fairly "balanced" and "accurate" in their reporting. thanks
WSJ news articles are viewed a "center" or slightly "center-right" by a number of bias ranking studies. They, the BBC and the Economist are the most balanced of news sources per a number of these rankings.

The WSJ opinion page is consistently and solidly "traditional right".

So, generally viewed as fairly balanced for news, not for opinion page.

Here is one handy chart by one such ranking:

1658846935662.png

I wanna know how many are willing to go to war with China over the Pelosi visit. Would you wanna send your kid to die over there for their "freedom"? Hell, we're in the Ukraine, why not butt our nose into another conflict. Let's instigate another one...what the hell, it will help defense jobs.

I wanna know how many are willing to go to war with China over the Pelosi visit. Would you wanna send your kid to die over there for their "freedom"? Hell, we're in the Ukraine, why not butt our nose into another conflict. Let's instigate another one...what the hell, it will help defense jobs.

Our service members are an all volunteer force whom are contract to do their jobs or face severe repercussions.

There is also a thing called the draft. That sir is still a thing. Sure we have not used it in many generations but it is there to be used. They also face severe repercussions if they do not do what they were contracted to do.

As far as the Pelosi thing. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Probably just got caught up in the heat of the moment. No biggie. Kowtow to Russia over Ukraine. Wouldn't want to ruffle feathers. Kowtow to petulant China as well.

Looking at mainstream news today it appears that the war is no longer of interest to report on. We are back to the 73rd wave of runny noses, orgy fueled skin rashes, and the 30th month of hearing about how scared the most protected people in the world were when some neckbeard retards breached the capital.

They publish what sells. I must be different than others. I find the war to be way more important and interesting to follow than sniffles, bumps and how terrified the shittiest people in the country were.

Oh yeah, it says the there’s an invasion on the southern border. Same one there has been my whole life, but it’s more invasiony this time.
In some ways the lack of attention span in American culture is very amusing, but it becomes a lot more bothersome when you think about the fact that real progress often takes tenacity and patience.

WSJ news articles are viewed a "center" or slightly "center-right" by a number of bias ranking studies. They, the BBC and the Economist are the most balanced of news sources per a number of these rankings.

The WSJ opinion page is consistently and solidly "traditional right".

So, generally viewed as fairly balanced for news, not for opinion page.

Here is one handy chart by one such ranking:

View attachment 231433
That's an interesting chart. Thanks for posting!

Funny how the Pelosi visit is the cause of any conflict. Trump made a congratulatory call to the Taiwan president, which was a similar break in policy. These types of things are mostly political show.

Directly to your question, I suspect that our national defense is an issue in defending Taiwan. Although the numbers are a bit of a secret, it is safe to assume the US military is heavily dependent on the semiconductor chips from Taiwan Semi.

Funny how the Pelosi visit is the cause of any conflict. Trump made a congratulatory call to the Taiwan president, which was a similar break in policy. These types of things are mostly political show.

Directly to your question, I suspect that our national defense is an issue in defending Taiwan. Although the numbers are a bit of a secret, it is safe to assume the US military is heavily dependent on the semiconductor chips from Taiwan Semi.
Not just the DOD...

China can have her. She’s probably just over there gathering information for some insider trading.

Now would be the time for Russia get active, while the world is focused on China and United States yapping at each other.

I suspect the same percentage as who were willing to go to war when Newt Gingrich visited.

I think Pelosi can do whatever she wants, just as Trump could. We better get some chips made here PDQ though.

And pray for Biden as his cough intensifies. God help us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back