Ukraine / Russia

Funny how the Pelosi visit is the cause of any conflict. Trump made a congratulatory call to the Taiwan president, which was a similar break in policy. These types of things are mostly political show.

Directly to your question, I suspect that our national defense is an issue in defending Taiwan. Although the numbers are a bit of a secret, it is safe to assume the US military is heavily dependent on the semiconductor chips from Taiwan Semi.
Trump didn't poke them (the Chinese) in the eye. Look at how he handled that fatback in north Korea. He was smart to stroke them. Why provoke them. She's such a dumb ass drunk. Full of herself. So what do they do, they get the tax payers more in debt by giving the chip companies a handout to move production back to the U.S. No dummies, jackup tariffs!! It reduces the debt and accomplishes it better.

Trump didn't poke them (the Chinese) in the eye. Look at how he handled that fatback in north Korea. He was smart to stroke them. Why provoke them. She's such a dumb ass drunk. Full of herself. So what do they do, they get the tax payers more in debt by giving the chip companies a handout to move production back to the U.S. No dummies, jackup tariffs!! It reduces the debt and accomplishes it better.
China had escalated military exercises in the Taiwan straights long before she ever thought about getting on a plane. The simple answer is Ukraine may not be worth the risk to US troops, but with Taiwan we have no option. It falling ito China’s hands is an existential threat to the US as we sit today.

US has about 50% of the global semiconductor market. It is one of the top, if not #1, exports. The problem is the chips get better and faster and US companies haven’t kept up. The new bill aims to help
fix that and every American should understand it was money well spent.

Don't you really mean existential threat of the month.

This perpetual state of fear so many in this country want us to live in gets old really quick.
You know, I get that. That's the problem with crying wolf when a real issue comes along. Nevertheless, we run on chips, and we need to make them here.

But you are totally correct, hence all the jokes, "it's monkeypox season and my Ukraine decorations are still up" and I skipped a few in between.

24 hour news cycle evaporates without panic.

Nevertheless, we run on chips, and we need to make them here.
Don't disagree. Same can be said about many aspects of our daily lives.

However, our ability to accurately predict what is an actual threat is highly suspect. Our ability to accurately predict and then effectively neutralize what is an actual threat is approaching unicorn status.

Don't you really mean existential threat of the month.

This perpetual state of fear so many in this country want us to live in gets old really quick.
I get your point. Americans are outraged over everything so it is hard to determine what is worthy of outrage and what isn’t. Getting outraged over Pelosi’s visit is wasted energy, but not getting this bill passed would have been more than worthy. Most Americans lack the knowledge to understand the potential consequences of this stuff. The future will be shaped by the decisions we make today.

I get your point. Americans are outraged over everything so it is hard to determine what is worthy of outrage and what isn’t. Getting outraged over Pelosi’s visit is wasted energy, but not getting this bill passed would have been more than worthy. Most Americans lack the knowledge to understand the potential consequences of this stuff. The future will be shaped by the decisions we make today.
1659570039756.png

I agree that Biden looks weak. The question is whether he looks weak for not supporting the visit or not stopping it. The ambiguity is being presented as a win in both directions in Chinese media.

Max spilled the beans the other night on CNN. Who would have guessed the CCP and Putin preyed on weakness?
"Ex-Obama ambassador to China calls Pelosi trip a ‘provocation’ that makes Biden look ‘weak’ | The Hill" https://thehill.com/policy/internat...a-provocation-that-makes-biden-look-weak/amp/
Good guess would be that the tariffs get taken away. They just increase the cost of goods for US anyway. There are lots of things to negotiate to placate China’s faux outrage over her visit.
But everyone who googles and reads stuff yet disagrees with the blue jersey stuff are lazy...don't bother, it's rhetorical.
Knowing US position in global production of semiconductors is not blue or red, it’s just a fact. One that is easily looked up. So yeah, lazy. Disagreement is good, disagreement without good facts is just a waste of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back