Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ukraine / Russia

Not sure how it’s like a Ponzi scheme. It’s a bad economic policy because it doesn’t make demand fall to where it should be, but the use of the label Ponzi scheme is just meant to get people worked up.

Us nat gas prices have also increased nearly 400%.
Production of three new LNG facilities in US has begun. Won’t help for 2-3 yrs but it’s good to see things that usually get caught up in red-tape allowed to move forward.
Germany will extend planned life of nuclear and burn more coal. Not great for global warming but it’s either that or let a Russian madman hold the World hostage every time he wants to distract the average Russian citizen from how bad the Russian economy is.

It’s going to be an interesting fall/winter. We will see how much since WWII the developed world has all turned into marshmallows and lost our willingness to endure pain in the name of doing what is right.
...the developed world and poll watchers sir

The ponzi scheme is where you tax the energy companies "windfall profits", then distribute the tax proceeds to the consumer as a rebate for the higher utility rates, and then have to bailout the the utility companies that are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Stupidity like this is what gave Putin the idea that he could get away with the Ukraine invasion in the first place.
Stupidity - yes
Cause of Putin's stated desire to reform the Soviet Union - not so much

Putin saw weakness and acted on it.

That opinion was printed pre-invasion when all assumed a cakewalk and zero interest in bolstering NATO. The last 6 months have proven both assumptions wrong, so he is not looking so smart now. Win or lose in Ukraine, he has put the first stake in the slow demise of his brand of Russia.

That opinion was printed pre-invasion when all assumed a cakewalk and zero interest in bolstering NATO. The last 6 months have proven both assumptions wrong, so he is not looking so smart now. Win or lose in Ukraine, he has put the first stake in the slow demise of his brand of Russia.
Dan his brand is primal fear, his sheep nor enemies know no other perspective. He could not care less about PR.

I definitely think Putin was foolish for invading Ukraine, mostly for over estimating his militaries capabilities. He saw opportunity, and thought he could take advantage of it. Europe's dependence on Russian energy gave Putin his arrogant assumptions. Both Europe and Russia will suffer greatly from this invasion that could have been avoided if better minds were in charge. Too late for that now so here we are, trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

"On the battlefield the Russian and Ukrainian armies are tired. Ukraine looks to have the upper hand, as it launches missile attacks deep into Russian-held territory and uses highly accurate Western-supplied weapons to hinder Russia from supplying its troops. But Ukraine is not yet able to force Russia back to anywhere near the line of contact on February 24th. Mr Putin has no obvious way to back down and has hinted darkly of resorting to nuclear weapons if his hand is forced. In this hall of mirrors, it is hard to see a path that leads to peace"

Europe is definitely in a hurry to replace their dependence on Russian energy with another equally or worse bad actor.

Dan his brand is primal fear, his sheep nor enemies know no other perspective. He could not care less about PR.
Poorly written on my part, I wasn't talking about his personal brand, but rather the brand he was pushing for Russia - as a re-emerging superpower. I was talking about showing the world that the Russian army is still second rate, increasing defense spending by NATO, addition of Finland and Sweden to NATO, converting a somewhat east/west waffling Ukraine into a long-time enemy, need to bow to China, etc.

Last edited:
Poorly written on my part, I wasn't talking about his personal brand, but rather the brand he was pushing for Russia - as a re-emerging power. I was talking about showing the world that the Russian army is still second rate, increasing defense spending by NATO, addition of Finland and Sweden to NATO, converting a somewhat east/west waffling Ukraine into a long-time enemy, need to bow to China, etc.
Well said, lets just hope his preventative maintenance on 6K plus nuke weapons is no better than his conventional military upkeep.

The ponzi scheme is where you tax the energy companies "windfall profits", then distribute the tax proceeds to the consumer as a rebate for the higher utility rates, and then have to bailout the the utility companies that are on the verge of bankruptcy.
That is not a Ponzi scheme. I'm not sure what it is and don't think that has a name, so they call it a Ponzi I guess. Agree on it being a bad idea, but you have to keep the masses happy because no one wants to give up things like AC.

He saw opportunity, and thought he could take advantage of it. Europe's dependence on Russian energy gave Putin his arrogant assumptions. Both Europe and Russia will suffer greatly from this invasion that could have been avoided if better minds were in charge.
Better minds? Please expand. I would love to hear theories on how this could have been avoided with anything other than capitulation to Putin's whims.

The comments like "he saw opportunity" or "he saw weakness" typically come from people who want to confirm their political view, be here or Europe or the moon. It may be true, but Putin miscalculated in many respects. If he thought there was weakness, all he saw were actions that strengthened the NATO alliance. We can move the debate to whether he really cares or not.

Better minds? Please expand. I would love to hear theories on how this could have been avoided with anything other than capitulation to Putin's whims.

The comments like "he saw opportunity" or "he saw weakness" typically come from people who want to confirm their political view, be here or Europe or the moon. It may be true, but Putin miscalculated in many respects. If he thought there was weakness, all he saw were actions that strengthened the NATO alliance. We can move the debate to whether he really cares or not.
More members in the good guys club yet a stronger alliance of China/Russia super powers with the added 'enrichment' of Iran machinations. Where's the political bias in those facts?

More members in the good guys club yet a stronger alliance of China/Russia super powers with the added 'enrichment' of Iran machinations. Where's the political bias in those facts?
Not disputing. Here are some more facts that might have some bearing on how "strong" that China/Russia bond is. Iran is only relevant in terms of rate of progress toward nuclear weapons. It already had China as its largest importer of oil before this mess. This is why the dance of China and US continues.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 11.00.48 AM.png

Not disputing. Here are some more facts that might have some bearing on how "strong" that China/Russia bond is. Iran is only relevant in terms of rate of progress toward nuclear weapons. It already had China as its largest importer of oil before this mess. This is why the dance of China and US continues.

View attachment 238270
I defer to your 'loss of comfort' theory as to why we top the list in re: China/Walmart

I defer to your 'loss of comfort' theory as to why we top the list in re: China/Walmart
further side note, I looked at some of the purchases I have made over the last 6 months. Most of my purchases are before hunting season because if all goes well I won't have time to buy anything else) Here is my list with country of origin.

2 pants - Bangladesh
2 shirts - Vietnam
Sleeping bag- China
Socks - Vietnam
2 rugs for house- 1 USA, 1 India

I think China is losing its global dominance as a manufacturer, probably because the wage gap (in USD) has narrowed and they are no longer the cheapest producer. I am sure Xi knows this, and at the end of the day, he has to keep the AC on for the masses there just like every other country.

So you didn't buy anything plastic in the last 6 months? BS

Clothes aren't where China makes it's mark, it all the little nicknack, houseware, kitchenware, and basically anything plastic.

View attachment 238270
I would also guess a fairly big part of 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12 and 13 are components that are combined and then sent to US & Europe. We are probably 25+% of the final destination.

Back