Ukraine / Russia

Sort of like how Russia has over twice as many tanks as the US. 3/4 are decades old and pulled out of storage to be fodder. $78k Javelin or $40k NLAW to force Russia to replace their armor with 2-5 million dollar modern tanks (they can't) is a bargain.

Sort of like how Russia has over twice as many tanks as the US. 3/4 are decades old and pulled out of storage to be fodder.
Nah... we aren't even talking about the F-16s, F-18s, F-15, etc the US has like 10x the number of new aircraft as the rest of the world combined. (My first post on the topic not the one with largest "air forces")

The whole point being that the Tucker C's of the world are acting the the US doesn't have a military deterrent which is just crazy. Russia and China both know that there is a limit to what they can do.

I'm pretty sure that at this point the Israeli F35 program could handle the Russian airforce. Nobody has more experience turning Soviet era junk into scrap.

Nukes are just saber rattling. Russia knows what poor condition their equipment is in. Ukraine has exposed that to the rest of the world.

real life top gun.
A bunch of it is tame, but there are moments that are definitely not. And this is old 2016.

No doubt we have the numbers today, my worry is that we are like pre-war japan - lots of good stuff, but once war stops trade no real ability to keep replacements flowing.

A real war is not about the stuff we have, it will be about our ability to replace loses over the long haul. If we don’t have China/Taiwan inputs I wonder what if any of our hi-tech military we can build on the fly while at war.

Any interested in quality reading material from one of the top tiered Think Tanks, The Brookings Institute, enjoy.

"One last point to weigh. If the West pressed Kyiv to accept such an outcome, what lesson would Putin draw should his stated desire to “return” Russia’s historic lands extend beyond Ukraine?"

Nah... we aren't even talking about the F-16s, F-18s, F-15, etc the US has like 10x the number of new aircraft as the rest of the world combined. (My first post on the topic not the one with largest "air forces")

The whole point being that the Tucker C's of the world are acting the the US doesn't have a military deterrent which is just crazy. Russia and China both know that there is a limit to what they can do.
Classified deterrents are also most certainly impressive, but conventional pecker measuring means nothing @wllm ...except for the fact that Putin won't engage recognizing a Marquis de Queensberry template.

Love your scorecard tho...

Classified deterrents are most likely impressive, but conventional pecker measuring means nothing @wllm ...except for the fact that Putin won't engage recognizing a Marquis de Queensberry template.

Love your scorecard tho...

You mean he might try something like dropping a whole bunch of bombs on Pearl Harbor out of the blue because everyone knows you couldn't do that?

QQ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back