Ukraine / Russia

How much more does the American taxpayer have to give? Seriously, what’s the limit? How long do we keep doing this?

A lot more, apparently.

Biden authorizes largest yet weapons package for Ukraine, bringing U.S. commitment to $9.8 billion​

PUBLISHED MON, AUG 8 20221:54 PM EDTUPDATED 10 MIN AGO

Selective outrage about corruption.

But he fits an agenda for 1/2 the country, so it's all good.

Ive had enough of all this mental masturbation with a Viking. I don't want my tax dollars spent on sending arms to any country. I also don't want younger relatives in the military to be called up to defend the Ukraine or Taiwan. Let them solve their own problems. The most tired phrases today are "Ive done my research" and "It's in our national interest". Good bye. Play with yourselves all ya want.

Ive had enough of all this mental masturbation with a Viking. I don't want my tax dollars spent on sending arms to any country. I also don't want younger relatives in the military to be called up to defend the Ukraine or Taiwan. Let them solve their own problems. The most tired phrases today are "Ive done my research" and "It's in our national interest". Good bye. Play with yourselves all ya want.
you sound like a sore loser. Hes just trying to provide facts dude, i dont see the harm.

yay does that mean you're done posting?

I was listening to a Lex Fridman Podcast yesterday with Andrew Bustamante : CIA Spy

He mentioned something that I was having trouble finding anything legit on the internet. He mentioned that the US government is essentially loaning Ukraine money and weapons systems, same as they did with the UK during WW2. The UK did not pay off that debt in its entirety until recently.

I was not aware that we were giving loans to these countries during these wars but it kind of makes sense since we are considered a capitalist country.

If anyone knows or has come across any info in the specifics in that money and weapons going to Ukraine and if they are actually loans to be paid back in 70 years....

I was listening to a Lex Fridman Podcast yesterday with Andrew Bustamante : CIA Spy

He mentioned something that I was having trouble finding anything legit on the internet. He mentioned that the US government is essentially loaning Ukraine money and weapons systems, same as they did with the UK during WW2. The UK did not pay off that debt in its entirety until recently.

I was not aware that we were giving loans to these countries during these wars but it kind of makes sense since we are considered a capitalist country.

If anyone knows or has come across any info in the specifics in that money and weapons going to Ukraine and if they are actually loans to be paid back in 70 years....

Looks legitimate.

Not much for specifics, but I did find the last paragraph about how much the US gave to our allies during WW2 through the lend lease program interesting. Dam glad that our leadership at that time realized that isolationism wasn't a good long term international strategy. Scary to consider where the world would be if we had taken the outlook that some people on here seem to espouse.

"Lend-lease has been used before, during World War II. At that time, total of $50.1 billion, equivalent to $690 billion in 2020, worth of supplies were shipped. In all, $31.4 billion went to the United Kingdom, $3.2 billion to France, $1.6 billion to China, $11.3 billion to the Soviet Union and the remaining $2.6 billion to other allies."

Not implying we don't aid Ukraine but now do WWII with Germany having nukes and saying hands off or we use them. Is Putin calculating a US/Western money bleed and allowing us to print more dough?

It's like telling your kids not to leave the sofa and they sneak their toe to the floor...no

Not much for specifics, but I did find the last paragraph about how much the US gave to our allies during WW2 through the lend lease program interesting. Dam glad that our leadership at that time realized that isolationism wasn't a good long term international strategy. Scary to consider where the world would be if we had taken the outlook that some people on here seem to espouse.

"Lend-lease has been used before, during World War II. At that time, total of $50.1 billion, equivalent to $690 billion in 2020, worth of supplies were shipped. In all, $31.4 billion went to the United Kingdom, $3.2 billion to France, $1.6 billion to China, $11.3 billion to the Soviet Union and the remaining $2.6 billion to other allies."

Interesting to consider what the world would look like today, if Patton got his way, and kicked the USSR's ass before they developed nuclear weapons?

Not implying we don't aid Ukraine but now do WWII with Germany having nukes and saying hands off or we use them. Is Putin calculating a US/Western money bleed and allowing us to print more dough?

It's like telling your kids not to leave the sofa and they sneak their toe to the floor...no
But we have nukes as well... and lest we forget the only country in the world to have used them militarily.

There have been a number of articles about Putin saber rattling, potentially escalating and doing an above ground test or the like, but we could do the same thing.

Further, other folks have nukes. As much as we frame this as US v. Russia... the Russians are pointing them at everyone and vice versa, many of the "targeted" cities were in Europe. So Putin is worrying about British subs, French subs and aircraft... whatever the Israelis have and then there is the whole NATO quandary.

You really can't redo WWII with nukes because it set the stage in a bunch of different ways for where we are today.

That said to engage your metaphor, Ukraine is Czechoslovakia or Poland, not France. In the end we will let them have it, and everyone knows it.

As a percentage of total military spending or GDP Russia is spending and suffering far more from this war than we are...

From what I gather after a quick google (spending on war versus military budget in billions) US = 25/721 RU = 27/69

Last edited:
@noharleyyet as an aside, I was readying an article the other day that was ra-ra-ing Russia... basically how the SU-57 was great... anyway, they have 15 of them total 5 active... we have what 195 F-22 and like 800 F-35s, so who the F- cares?

Similarly the Chinese have 37 to 54 active 5th gen fighters.
Early on there was a post that mentioned the largest air force on the planet is the US Airforce. The second largest is the US Navy...

But because a senile old man with a "D" after his name is leading the charge, all of a sudden military spending is a waste.

Early on there was a post that mentioned the largest air force on the planet is the US Airforce. The second largest is the US Navy...

But because a senile old man with a "D" after his name is leading the charge, all of a sudden military spending is a waste.

I think it's:
US Airforce
US Army
Russian Airforce
US Navy

No idea if this is accurate... but I think it conveys the point lol

#1, #2, #4, and #7

1660063852796.png

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back