PEAX Equipment

Ukraine / Russia

He is a guy who spent 15 years with CIA prior to 9/11, and since has been a part of several contract "intelligence" outfits. He spends a lot of time doing books, tv shows, talking head appearances to monetize his experiences (which doesn't seem particularly overwhelming). He probably did some interesting things, but seems more like a self promoting talking head who tries to chime in on anything he can....
like someone on here....

And if you don't want another war after being at war for 22 years with a 2 month break, you're an ally of Putin.
Seems like we never learn.
And I would like to know the number of pundits and legislators (maybe even HTs) who are pushing the rhetoric have kids who will be in harms way if this blows up. I'm willing to bet not many.

I'm frustrated specifically because I agree with you about everything until here...

I absolutely do not want to go to war with Russia, I absolutely do think Russia would use their nuclear weapons.

What I do think we should do is put pressure on Russia to come to the table and end the war. Trucker et. al (maybe) think they are pointing out that the Maine (per your example) isn't real. I think that they clouding the issue, allowing Russia to obfuscate, allowing China to say, look Russia had cause so we can still buy their oil, trade, etc. ( it's not all Tucker, but that general theme and sentiment, and yes China would likely take that position regardless but it strengthens their position)

IMHO we are in a rhetorical war and have been, with authoritarian regimes since the 1930s and the pro-Russia rhetoric is undermining our efforts.

If Biden or other European leaders start saber rattling I will change my opinion.

I'm frustrated specifically because I agree with you about everything until here...

I absolutely do not want to go to war with Russia, I absolutely do think Russia would use their nuclear weapons.

What I do think we should do is put pressure on Russia to come to the table and end the war. Trucker et. al (maybe) think they are pointing out that the Maine (per your example) isn't real. I think that they clouding the issue, allowing Russia to obfuscate, allowing China to say, look Russia had cause so we can still buy their oil, trade, etc. ( it's not all Tucker, but that general theme and sentiment, and yes China would likely take that position regardless but it strengthens their position)

IMHO we are in a rhetorical war and have been, with authoritarian regimes since the 1930s and the pro-Russia rhetoric is undermining our efforts.

If Biden or other European leaders start saber rattling I will change my opinion.
You see it as pro-Russia; I see it as anti-war. And I don't think that is what Tucker is trying to do at all. I've been to lots of gyms on Army posts, and I have seen too much (admittedly only a tiny fraction) of what 22 years did to a generation, and for what? And, not to go all Walter, but Vietnam changed the nation, and for what? I understand your reasoning and respect your opinion though.

The unfortunate lesson everyone is being reminded of . . . if you have nukes the world let’s you run amok (i.e., Putin), if you don’t, the world reserves the right to replace you (i.e., Saddam).

It’s not good lesson to relearn. With China ramping up, expect India to do the same, and if India then Pakistan. And of course Iran understands the lesson and as they advance Israel will ramp up in return. And on and on and on.

Grimly, I assume humans will nuke themselves long before climate change can take us out.

The unfortunate lesson everyone is being reminded of . . . if you have nukes the world let’s you run amok (i.e., Putin), if you don’t, the world reserves the right to replace you (i.e., Saddam).

It’s not good lesson to relearn. With China ramping up, expect India to do the same, and if India then Pakistan. And of course Iran understands the lesson and as they advance Israel will ramp up in return. And on and on and on.

Grimly, I assume humans will nuke themselves long before climate change can take us out.

Maybe Yellowstone blows first? And gets the last laugh.

For @Big Fin

That war is one of the most taught lessons among traditional Finn families. For Russia to lose over a million soldiers in a six-month war is mind numbing. Some say that number of Russian losses, as written in the article, is overstated, but even if it is a fraction of that it speaks to the historical Russian approach to war - Use troops, usually conscripted against their will, as fodder and let the blunt force physics of "humans as targets" eventually carry the day over enemies who actually have concern about their soldiers.

Churchill, preoccupied with his own defense, was viewed as a supporter of the Finns, even if the Brits had no resources to spare. The US, worried about an escalation with either Stalin or Hitler, hoped to negotiate a peace that would avoid war and did not offer the Finns any assistance. Within two years, the US was sending millions of troops to Europe when it became obvious that you cannot negotiate peace with those not motivated for or desiring peace.

This article is interesting in showing what the Russians are doing in Ukraine and compare that to the details provided in "Frozen Hell," a very in depth description of the Russian war against Finland in 1939. The reasons stated for going to war, the ill-advised strategies, the political posturing by Russian leadership, to how the conflict was brought to a conclusion.

That Russian-Finn war ended with Russia trying to recoup some credibility and extract itself from a terrible strategic mistake. Russia ended up with a chunk of Finland that Russia said was traditional Russian ground and the locals wanted to be absorbed by Russia. Sounds like the same claims they are making in Ukraine.

Not that we need more evidence, but this provides further evidence that history repeats itself.

SISU!

It appears Joe wants to send another $800 million in supply and arms over to Ukraine.

Is this part of the 13. 5 billion that was approved last month or is this new money off the printer?

A good read, but was left with this sense of Russia now experiencing defeat by our methods and over the coming months adapting in the field like Nazis working out their aerial bombing tactical in the Spanish Civil War. Is this just a preview for much worse? I hope for us all that it is not.

By pulling back to the Russian separatest regions Putin is now doing what he should’ve started about 2 weeks ago. Consolidate his forces in those areas. Make Ukraine pay the price for coming and retaking them.

Grim, but not surprising news.

Dvornikov had already the commander of Russia's Southern Command for several years (which was responsible for the Donbas and Crimea), so as they reoriented their forces into his area of operations it made sense that he assume control of the whole operation. So he wasn't plucked out of somewhere else and placed in UKR specifically for his ruthlessness. He is probably their most experienced commander, and has already overseen turning Mariupol to rubble, so his reputation seems pretty spot on.

By pulling back to the Russian separatest regions Putin is now doing what he should’ve started about 2 weeks ago. Consolidate his forces in those areas. Make Ukraine pay the price for coming and retaking them.

Russia still has a lot of fighting ahead of them to control these areas. They have been trying for the last week and have made little, to no, progress.

Back