UK Sea Trout first of 2013

devon deer

Our weather has been terrible so far this season, we needed rain to bring in some fish, and because we fish for the Sea Trout (sea run brown trout) at night warm evenings are best, normally i would have caught a few by now but until tonight it hasn't been worth going out, but it rained 2 days ago, so tonight i went out and froze my nuts off, but at 22.15 hours in the darkness i felt a little tug on my fly line, so i re-cast just upstream and everything went solid and off it went, spending more time in the air than in the water, lunch tomorrow is a 2lb fish.

Cheers
Richard

Sweet! Do you catch them in the salt or after they are headed back up river? What type of fly/bait are you using at night?

Sweet! Do you catch them in the salt or after they are headed back up river? What type of fly/bait are you using at night?
This fish had travelled about 20 miles up river to where i caught it.
I use tube flies and wake lures, i caught this fish on the tube fly in the picture below on the far right, its called a silver stoat, tied on a 1'' aluminium tube.

Cheers
Richard

That is awesome! Do you have a place to buy those flies online? I think that I know a few browns here that need to meet that fly!

That is awesome! Do you have a place to buy those flies online? I think that I know a few browns here that need to meet that fly!
You can buy flies like that, but i tied those in the picture.
You can'T buy the fly that reminds me of kermit the frog, which is what my wife thinks i named it, in actual fact i named it the Princess B after Princess Beatrice, a royal in the UK, google her image and you will understand!:D
Cheers
Richard

Nice fish!

Would you say her condition is a bit lean after the run up the river? Or is that typical of where they are at where you catch them at that time of the year?

Nice fish!

Would you say her condition is a bit lean after the run up the river? Or is that typical of where they are at where you catch them at that time of the year?
No the photo was a little deceiving, she was not lean at all, all firm muscle, just how i like my women:eek:

Caught another last night, slightly bigger, fishing was great until 11.00pm then it all went dead.

I fancy trying your version one day, the steelhead.

Cheers

Richard

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back