Turkey plans?

Flying to Denver and hunting Colorado the first week in May. If anybody wants to share some Colorado turkey spots, let me know. Lol

If I can kill one quick in Colorado, I’ll head to another State.
In the mountains! 🤣 good luck. you staying near Denver or have other places you're hunting

I have 6 sets of turkey call parts lying on my shop bench waiting to be assembled with a grad student. Turkeys are going to be in trouble this season.

Wisconsin zone 6, week B. A month to go. Was thinking of getting a new shotgun just for turkey. I should probably get on that

First year Turkey hunting. OTC in Colorado, I’ll most likely spend the first couple weeks just trying to find them.

Wisconsin zone 6, week B. A month to go. Was thinking of getting a new shotgun just for turkey. I should probably get on that

My Winchester bargain purchased during Black Friday sales turned up last week at my Cabelas. Hope's yours is in stock and ready to ride home with you pronto.

Occellated hunt in Mexico starting next Sunday, Merriam’s in South Dakota after Tax Day, and Easterns in Indiana late April. I am blessed and very thankful.

Enjoy your hunt in Old Mexico---This was my favorite breed of Turkey, really enjoyed this hunt.

I loved turkey hunting and envy all of you fellows--have good hunts!

I found out later that I probably could have registered for some kind of a "slam", but I would have a hard time proving it now. As the Goulds were hunted outside our back door so to speak ( Arizona ), The Eastern, Rio Grande, and Merriams were with friends and many of them have passed. Maybe, if the people who took us for the Osceola and Occellated are still in business they probably could provide paperwork, who knows.

Anyway, one of the hardest to hunt for me anyway was the Goulds, mainly, like the Coues Deer, because of terrain. I though the Merriams were the easiest---BUT---I absolutely loved hunting the Flint Hills of Kansas, beautiful country.

Which breed do you fellows find is the hardest to hunt ?

Will be hunting here in Kansas. I've never been a turkey hunter but the kid wants to go so I'll give a try and do my best to at least give him an opportunity.

Enjoy your hunt in Old Mexico---This was my favorite breed of Turkey, really enjoyed this hunt.

I found out later that I probably could have registered for some kind of a "slam", but I would have a hard time proving it now. As the Goulds were hunted outside our back door so to speak ( Arizona ), The Eastern, Rio Grande, and Merriams were with friends and many of them have passed. Maybe, if the people who took us for the Osceola and Occellated are still in business they probably could provide paperwork, who knows.

Anyway, one of the hardest to hunt for me anyway was the Goulds, mainly, like the Coues Deer, because of terrain. I though the Merriams were the easiest---BUT---I absolutely loved hunting the Flint Hills of Kansas, beautiful country.

I've hunted Easterner, Rio Grande, and Merriams. I would have to say easterners are the hardest of the 3 I've hunted by far.

No comparison between farmyard bird Eastern hunting and chasing birds in CO. Back east all I had to do was walk to the edge of a field and setup. These mtn birds in CO make you work.
My one and and only Osceola did make me work however, it took about 5 days of chasing him around.

Public land in IL and Public land in WI. I haven’t killed a turkey in a few years so i’m really hoping to get it done this spring.

First year getting after turks. Going to spend a couple days chasing them at my hunting camp in Maine and then I'll chase them on public land in the Catskills of NY.

Have weddings and other obligations taking up my prime hunting weekends but hopefully can get my first bird!

Back