Caribou Gear Tarp

Turkey Hunt in Kansas and Nebraska need GPS Chips.

wswat

Going on a DIY Turkey hunt in Kansas and Nebraska in and was trying to find map chips for my Garmin that shows the public land.
Anyone have any ideas?
I us these a ton up here in ND,WY,and MT but I can't seem to find ones for these states.

Thanks

Kansas Dept Wildlife Parks and Tourism website generally has the WIHA published to the web by mid March. The hard copy generally comes out to the Area HQ's and sporting goods stores mid April. If you are hunting the early archery/disabled season you have to rely on the website as that season starts on April 1st. The spring 2011 version is on the website now. Most WIHA areas have been stable in my hunting areas over the last several years.

I purchased my Nebraska chip from the same people I got my others from, Www.huntinggpsmaps.com
As far as I know the best maps for the walk in areas in Nebraska are the booklets you can find at sporting goods stores, gas stations, state parks, etc.

There is a free download for your gps on the kdwp website for the walk in areas And public land in Kansas, as well as the chip if you go that route from huntinggpsmaps.

If you go to the Kansas webite you can download the "spring walk-in areas" that overlays google earth. It will show where you can hunt and the terrain.

I'll be in Nebraska too and maybe Kansas....depending on gas $$ this spring.

good luck to all
the dog

side note; we have had a very mild winter and never had the gully washers last year that normally takes out the highest number of poults. Even though we did have drought it didn't seem to bother the population from what I can tell. Anyway, from what I have seen we ought to have a nice season this spring.

Last edited:
Back