TSP investments and strategies

With inflation that is not really how it works for a retiree. But as Buzz mentioned, 3-4% should allow inflation-adjusted withdrawals throughout retirement without depletion. Assuming properly balanced investments and historical returns.
I think that is was just doing simple division to make it easier for people. I agree that high inflation, which is unpredictable, changes the math a little (a lot actually). Here is an interesting article.

whats the best strategy if your not paying into tsp monthly anymore, managing whats in there for best return,,,,,
Well there could be a lot of different scenarios really. If you don't need the money and you aren't going to be making withdrawals anytime soon I'd hold the coarse. If your needing the money now I may think otherwise but your gonna get hit hard moving to G at this point with both high inflation and locking in your losses.
I think we are in for a much different market than we have all been accustomed to since 2009. I don't see it just bouncing back quickly.

c s and i are up year to date 4 to 6 percent, are we moving money around,,,,

All my money is in the I fund.. when I was looking the other day it still had the best yields from what I could see.

anyone with the federal government invested in the TSP funds, any insite as to what to do were to go with investments right now, if you had 100,000.00 in the account right now how would you allocate in knowing your 15 years from retirement
Currently only 2 areas suggested
Energy and Emerging Markets

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back