Trudeau Puts Freeze On Handguns

How about 21, 25 or a honorable discharge from the military? Most don't end their military service prior to 21 anyways. There are a 100 ways to skin a boo boo bear, but something needs to change.

I'd agree only if voting age followed that - if a person doesn't have the wherewithal to own a gun, why would we think they have it to vote?

How about 21, 25 or a honorable discharge from the military? Most don't end their military service prior to 21 anyways. There are a 100 ways to skin a boo boo bear, but something needs to change.
Yes something needs to change, and it's people need to stop ignoring the root cause. We don't make shooting up heroin twice as illegal and expect to cure the root cause of overdoses do we? How about make it twice as illegal to sell it or smuggle it across the border? People want to ignore the root cause because it's the harder solution.

Last edited:
If compromise is what we’re after what are we getting return. It’s not compromising if you’re not getting something in return.

I would be willing to come to agreement with no purchase of semi automatic weapons under the age of 21, if suppressors and short barrel rifles/short barrel shotguns come off the NFA list.

If compromise is what we’re after what are we getting return. It’s compromising if you’re not getting something in return.

I would be willing to come to agreement with no purchase of semi automatic weapons under the age of 21, if suppressors and short barrel rifles/short barrel shotguns come off the NFA list.

Not enough. I wanna own an Apache gunship and Abraham’s tank or no deal.

I started serving my country (USA) as a military member 3 days after my 17th birthday
if a person is old enough for that, they are old enough to own a gun,,, or drink,,,or vote

if you're going to change the structure, you'll need to change them all - and not allow them to vote neither till they are old enough for other acts of citizenship

I'm all about training - for anyone before they get a gun, just makes sense - why would you want a tool you didn't know how to use

but the bottom line on the whole "ban this type or that type of gun" concept,,, is banning doesn't stop folks who want it from getting it - we could outlaw all kinds of mean looking guns - they'd still get bought

we outlawed drugs - how is that working out here in the USA?

others mentioned it earlier - need to look at symptoms, what are the reasons

me personally, it's cause a lot of the USA citizens descended from the dregs of other societies - we have criminal acts in our bones and DNA - well, I know my family does! That's why it is imperative for man-childs to have MEN in their lives to help them learn how to control those hereditary impulses and how to become MEN

Your not wrong. I'm not for banning anything. I also fully agree that there is something wrong in the home. I mentioned this above..

I was raised in a home with a Man that did his best to teach me right from wrong. Then I joined the Marines. But not everyone had that from the looks of it and Frankly I dont know how that can be fixed.

This is what happens when you mainstream and promote mental illness.

There’s a local school that put a litter box in the girls bathroom because a girl thinks she’s a cat and uses that to go to the restroom.

We need to stop enabling crazy and actually send them to doctors to help. This whole gender dysphoria thing falls into that realm. Unless we address the mental health of these kids nothing will change.

Man do I ever agree with this statement. Tough love has really vanished from our society.

Yes something needs to change, and it's people need to stop ignoring the root cause. We don't make shooting up heroin twice as illegal and expect to cure the root cause of overdoses do we? How about make it twice as illegal to sell it or smuggle it across the border? People want to ignore the root cause because it's the harder solution.
I hear you, and I agree with you. My dilemma is that addressing the root cause will take time. It is strange, it seems like these days mentally what is wrong is now right and what is right is now wrong. Addressing the route cause is going to be a journey. A change in the age of AR and AK could mean 20 people are still on the playground today.

I remember an incident at a restaurant called Louies while I was in Oklahoma that nobody probably ever heard about, where a guy walked in all gung ho about shooting up the place and he had about a dozen bullet holes in him before he could even blink....all from average joe folks who had guns on them while in the restaurant. Luckily it was not Canada and those folks were legally able to carry handguns.

But the reality most can agree on is that something needs to happen...

I do think that a lot of solutions and suggestions are 'reactive' rather than 'proactive' though. The proactive thing that our government would do, is more policies and incentives that strengthen the family and return society to a sense of responsibility for ones self, family, and actions. Society, morals, the family unit, and accountability are degrading a rapid rate. Focus on reversing that course at the same time you discuss guns. As for "bans". What does one actually do with an AR? Besides go to the range to play "army" and burn through 1500 rounds in 10 mins? Is there a need for one? Has any civilian actually DEFENDED themselves with an AR? Nobody shot that oklahoma nut mentioned above with an AR. I don't know, but I don't really understand making them so easily available. Restrictions would have to start at the manufacturing level though to make any difference.

Has any civilian actually DEFENDED themselves with an AR? Nobody shot that oklahoma nut mentioned above with an AR. I don't know, but I don't really understand making them so easily available. Restrictions would have to start at the manufacturing level though to make any difference.
Ever heard of a person named Kyle Rittenhouse? Just sayin. And a simple Google search can find many many more

But did he need an AR to get that job done?
Put yourself in his situation but pack a skateboard instead and get back to me. Why do you care what gun he defended himself from an angry mob with? What was the root cause of that whole situation? Take a class, it's called root cause analysis, it's really interesting.

Put yourself in his situation but pack a skateboard instead and get back to me. Why do you care what gun he defended himself from an angry mob with? What was the root cause of that whole situation?
So are we saying that the good that Kyle Rittenhouse did, as a civilian being there by his own choosing, outweighs the horrible things that happen with the same AR's? Look I own a handful of the same type of rifles, but I don't hunt with them, I don't sleep with them under my bed for home defense, I only plink with them. So to me, my desire to plink does not outweigh restricting a mentally disturbed person from being able to easily run down to Scheels and buy one. There are already certain weapons that manufacturers are not able to make and that I am not able to buy. What is the bug in the panties about AR's and AK's? Honest question: what is being defended when such a strong argument is made for not changing anything about access to these type of guns?

So restrictions on AR's=giving up my liberty? I don't know, but I don't go along with that stretch. I understand and 100 percent agree the concept but don't exactly agree with the extrapolation of it.

The fact is nothing can be banned that wil affect much. It’s the degradation of society. Yes it’s that simple. You can ban all bad things and bad things will still happen. Making feel good laws doesn’t move the needle much if at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back