Trudeau Puts Freeze On Handguns

Largely, the school shooters are young men who have been bullied for much of their life. They come from a chaotic home life and have a miserable time while in school. They are essentially committing suicide and taking as many others as possible with them. They aren't trying to get away with the crime.

Knowing that does nothing from stopping the next shooting. There are ongoing anti bullying programs. It is difficult to measure any success from them. How could we know the ones where someone was helped to a better outcome?

One of the greatest blessings we have is how open our society is. It bothers me greatly that some want to lockdown schools so tightly that the sense of an open society is lost.

I get what your saying.

But I think its an important distinction that the problem is clearly not the dang gun. You just said it, Its likely home life and their social life. Dont know for sure but its important to know if that is the case.

Another important distinction, at least in the recent one in Texas is what the hell was the PD doing. Understaffed or not, their job in that situation should of been to get into that school and put that individual down the best way possible.

Why is the media saying that kid was in there for an hour. If that is true, that is pathetic and that PD needs a lot of training.

It is both the kid and the gun. If the kid has less efficient weapons to choose from, he will use a less efficient weapon. There is a reason they aren't choosing a switchblade or a .22 caliber handgun.

They get their hands on the most effective tool that they can get their hands on. We have, for whatever reason, decided to make high capacity semiautomatic rifles available to most everyone.

It is not hard to predict that the next mass killing in a school is going to involve both a very troubled young man and an AR rifle of some sort.

It is both the kid and the gun. If the kid has less efficient weapons to choose from, he will use a less efficient weapon. There is a reason they aren't choosing a switchblade or a .22 caliber handgun.

They get their hands on the most effective tool that they can get their hands on. We have, for whatever reason, decided to make high capacity semiautomatic rifles available to most everyone.

It is not hard to predict that the next mass killing in a school is going to involve both a very troubled young man and an AR rifle of some sort.
Its a nice change of pace to find someone on here that shares the same views as me on this topic...

I really wonder if the gun type and mag capacity had much to do with the death toll? Think about it, the guy was in that school for almost an hour. Makes me wonder if he wanted to kill a lot more people he probably could have. I doubt we will know what really happened but it is possible he knew he was going to get his BS fame for doing his cowardly act and stop trying.

I think 406dn is right on the AR situation. I personally dont own an AR15 or AK47 or any of the like. No personal use for one.

I'm not in a place of telling anybody what they can or cannot buy for their weapons.

But they are out there, how does that get fixed? I think it starts at home, but that situation includes a single mom who appears to be an airhead.

This whole thing is a really slippery slope.

This is just an idea, but like alcohol what is the harm in limiting purchasing of firearms until the age of 21. Not limiting its use but limiting the ability to purchase. Maybe even the age of 25, I dont know its just an idea.

I think 406dn is right on the AR situation. I personally dont own an AR15 or AK47 or any of the like. No personal use for one.

I'm not in a place of telling anybody what they can or cannot buy for their weapons.

But they are out there, how does that get fixed? I think it starts at home, but that situation includes a single mom who appears to be an airhead.

This whole thing is a really slippery slope.

This is just an idea, but like alcohol what is the harm in limiting purchasing of firearms until the age of 21. Not limiting its use but limiting the ability to purchase. Maybe even the age of 25, I dont know its just an idea.
So you can go serve in the military, get out after one tour and not be able to purchase a AR-15 yet? yeaaaaaah, right

So you can go serve in the military, get out after one tour and not be able to purchase a AR-15 yet? yeaaaaaah, right

It is often said life is not fair. If the young man wants an AR-15 after serving one hitch, his wait is not so long.

Considering school shootings. Most of them involve either a present student or one that has very recently left school.

If 21 was the age to purchase any semiautomatic weapon, it likely puts these very troubled men angry at some other group, before they can legally buy one of these weapons.

Since one question was posed, here is another. Why can I buy an AR-15 before it is legal to go buy a drink in a bar? Again life is not always fair.

It would not bother me at all to have the age to obtain a semiautomatic rifle or pistol to be 21. Frankly, car insurance companies have long known men are poor risks up to the age of 25, give or take.

I knew that was coming... Yea I served with some of them. Point is, We did not buy those weapons they were issued. Second point is we received training in using such weapons. Dont even get me started on the safety briefs.. lol.

The point of serving your country and getting out after one tour and not being able to purchase is an interesting point. Perhaps that should count for something right? Seems reasonable to me.

It is often said life is not fair. If the young man wants an AR-15 after serving one hitch, his wait is not so long.

Considering school shootings. Most of them involve either a present student or one that has very recently left school.

If 21 was the age to purchase any semiautomatic weapon, it likely puts these very troubled men angry at some other group, before they can legally buy one of these weapons.

Since one question was posed, here is another. Why can I buy an AR-15 before it is legal to go buy a drink in a bar? Again life is not always fair.

It would not bother me at all to have the age to obtain a semiautomatic rifle or pistol to be 21. Frankly, car insurance companies have long known men are poor risks up to the age of 25, give or take.
Did you drink before turning 21?

Right. I'm waiting for that too. Where did that kid in Texas get the money to buy TWO of those ARs on his 18th birthday? That's gotta be over $3K! Has he been mowing lawns since he was wearing diapers?

They aint exactly expensive.

They aint exactly expensive.

Maybe applied for a credit card and got one. Maybe that should be banned prior to turning 21 also.

This is just an idea, but like alcohol what is the harm in limiting purchasing of firearms until the age of 21. Not limiting its use but limiting the ability to purchase. Maybe even the age of 25,

I started serving my country (USA) as a military member 3 days after my 17th birthday
if a person is old enough for that, they are old enough to own a gun,,, or drink,,,or vote

if you're going to change the structure, you'll need to change them all - and not allow them to vote neither till they are old enough for other acts of citizenship

I knew that was coming... Yea I served with some of them. Point is, We did not buy those weapons they were issued. Second point is we received training in using such weapons. Dont even get me started on the safety briefs.. lol.

The point of serving your country and getting out after one tour and not being able to purchase is an interesting point. Perhaps that should count for something right? Seems reasonable to me.

I'm all about training - for anyone before they get a gun, just makes sense - why would you want a tool you didn't know how to use

but the bottom line on the whole "ban this type or that type of gun" concept,,, is banning doesn't stop folks who want it from getting it - we could outlaw all kinds of mean looking guns - they'd still get bought

we outlawed drugs - how is that working out here in the USA?

others mentioned it earlier - need to look at symptoms, what are the reasons

me personally, it's cause a lot of the USA citizens descended from the dregs of other societies - we have criminal acts in our bones and DNA - well, I know my family does! That's why it is imperative for man-childs to have MEN in their lives to help them learn how to control those hereditary impulses and how to become MEN

This is what happens when you mainstream and promote mental illness.

There’s a local school that put a litter box in the girls bathroom because a girl thinks she’s a cat and uses that to go to the restroom.

We need to stop enabling crazy and actually send them to doctors to help. This whole gender dysphoria thing falls into that realm. Unless we address the mental health of these kids nothing will change.

How about 21, 25 or a honorable discharge from the military? Most don't end their military service prior to 21 anyways. There are a 100 ways to skin a boo boo bear, but something needs to change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back