Truck rentals?

I'm becoming a fan of renting, even if I'm not flying. I rented a compact SUV for a pheasant trip to NoDak. Got lucky and ended up with a 4X4, but that was not a guarantee. The improved mileage over my pickup made up for the rental costs. Some times a truck isn't even warranted. BOY and I hunted javelina in AZ out of a rented Jetta. When flying, I'll use a cooler as a piece of luggage for the outbound trip if I need to. But, if I need more storage I just buy on location and either resell or return once I get home.

I years past, we rented 4x4 SUV vehicles from different companies for hunts in CO. All of them had poor quality tires for off road use. On one Ford Excursion, we had 2 flats at the same time! That required a walk of several miles to a ranch & luckily the guy fixed one of them for us. We had to buy another tire for the other one.

Regarding flying with meat, one time missed a connecting flight due to the airlines problem. That created issues with trying to find a hotel with a big freezer during the layover.

We then tried having the meat processor ship the meat next day air via Fed X or UPS. On a post 2011 hunt, it cost me $485 in UPS charges alone just for the shipping of one elk! On another hunt, the Fex X slip said 2 boxes, the driver says, "oops, you're not going to be happy as there's only one box on my truck!" The second one arrived the next day, partially thawed and the driver wasn't a happy camper! The good news was that I got all charges dropped and the meat was OK overall. Packages were just messy in my freezer until I used them up.

Now, we drive......

Enterprise Comercial is the only one that I know of the will guarantee a 4x4 and they are the only one that will allow you to tow a trailer.

Our local regular enterprise will guarantee a 4wheel drive. All have been 1/2 tons.pick of the litter for make/model. Neber had a issue. I never drive my own vehicle on my pheasant or deer trips from Ut to Nebraska, Kansas or south dakota as well as deer/antelope to northeast Wyoming. $320 bucks to save a couple thousand miles on my truck. New and clean...better milage really puts the cost down on the rental

We have always driven but have met guys who flew and rented 4wd trucks. Street tires and no chains don't do well in later seasons. Big Walmart cooler and dry ice works for 2 days or more with no problem.

I once traveled to Dubai, and decided to rent out the desert dunes for off-road rental. Only in this service https://tlt.ae/airport-transfers/ I was allowed to take a Range Rover and ride in the desert in it. It was a great experience, after a couple of days I gave the car back and there were no problems with receiving the car.

I reserved a 4x4 with no issues. I think it was Avis. Ford ranger and brought my own tire chains. Worked great. If they want you to read the fine print, they should make it bigger. Take it off-road, dont destroy it and you will be fine.

Rented a Ford F-150 4x4 this year from hertz. Took it from PA to Colorado and back. Took it wherever we wanted, places I wouldn’t take my own truck. Didn’t break anything so all was well.

We rented from Enterprise in Denver and got a 4x4 pickup. I seem to recall that they would not guarantee a 4x4 but they had quite a few. However, we were on an early flight in. My have been different had we been on an afternoon flight.

enterprise commercial is the way the go. 3/4 and 1 ton pickups with 4x4 if you request it. we rented last year, no issues.

It is luck of the draw what they will have on hand the day you fly in. I got lucky this year and got a flash deal on Hotwire and got ended up with a Toyota Tacoma 4X when I picked it up in DEN

I have always used enterprise, all of there trucks have been 4x4. Another Option I have thought about has been turo, but I have no experience with them.

Enterprise - i always go with the f150 eco boost. I beat the PISS out of them!!!! Hate fords but are great rigs haha usually 4-500 for a week. Not bad in my book. Gave the enterprise manager in AZ some elk jerky and got 3 free days

Back