Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Truck dump

midwesthunter

Curious to what everyone carrys in their rigs when hunting out west? Auto or trail specific items.

I carry:
2 full size spare tires
Long chain
Several tow straps
Floor jack
Board for jack to sit on and keep from sinking in mud.
HD com along
5 gal fuel
6 gal water
Shovel
Small tool set
Jumper cables
12v air compressor
Extra 12v battery

Very similar but only one spare tire.

I also keep (4) tire chains.
Double sided axe
Bow saw
And bottle neck jack not a floor jack.

Come-along, handyman jack, fuel & chainsaw depening on the trip.

I pretty much carry what is on the list all the time. Extra fuel only when heading out of town. I also carry extra fluids and 4 tire chains for the truck and an extra serpentine belt because if you break it you won't be driving anywhere. In my toolbox I keep a small spool of bailing wire. It is incredibly strong and you will find many uses for it.

Tire chains and chain saw. Few years back in eastern Oregon its was nice and dry. Then a rare Oct snowstorm came, then the rain. Turned everything to goo. At that time I had my 2500 dodge and my trailer. Truck had brand new MT tires. On the way out through trees trailer slid up against tree. Chain saw took care of tree. Then coming out another truck and trailer got stuck. I tried to go around, then I got stuck. Put on the mud chains and got out. Put them on all 4.

Did I mention that a lifted Diesel are a turd of you get them stuck. too heavy and torque.

Curious to what everyone carrys in their rigs when hunting out west? Auto or trail specific items.

I carry:
2 full size spare tires
Long chain
Several tow straps
Floor jack
Board for jack to sit on and keep from sinking in mud.
HD com along
5 gal fuel
6 gal water
Shovel
Small tool set
Jumper cables
12v air compressor
Extra 12v battery

Same as you, minus 1 full size spare, chain, fuel, and extra 12 v battery.

I also carry, chains x 4, 2 MRE's, sleeping bag, axe, flashlight, extra AA and AAA batteries, a handgun, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, tire plug kit...that's all I can think of right now.

Mine matches most of above with the addition of an 8ft plastic Costco table..... when I am lucky enough to get a big mule deer buck back to the truck whole with the sled or cart the table makes a hell of a good ramp for loading solo.... and more often it is also really handy for more detailed boning and cleaning of meat before going in the cooler, after a long dirty pack out

What all can a comealong be used for as a truck tool? I’m thinking to move a road obstruction, but I wouldn’t dare try to move my truck with it - I’d use a winch.

Mine matches most of above with the addition of an 8ft plastic Costco table..... when I am lucky enough to get a big mule deer buck back to the truck whole with the sled or cart the table makes a hell of a good ramp for loading solo.... and more often it is also really handy for more detailed boning and cleaning of meat before going in the cooler, after a long dirty pack out

I always carry a folding 6ft table for the same reasons:
1. It acts as a table whenever I need a table; and
2. It acts as a very light/low friction ramp when I only deploy the legs on one side, to load animals into my truck.

Ever try to pull your truck sideways with a winch? I have pulled some very stuck trucks out with a come along. It helps if someone can drive the vehicle gently while you ratchet. Not spinning the wheels.
Like the 4-ton size? I have a 2-ton comealong that I use for fencing and construction, and that seems too light for auto.

Chains for all 4, 20' tow chain, ax, bow saw, collapsible snow shovel, spare tire, fix-a-flat, light jacket, mil surplus wool blanket, comprehensive first aid kit, couple bottles of water.

You can do it with a 2 ton if you take your time , but yes the modern 4 ton come alongs are about equal to the old 2 ton ones. A high lift jack actually makes a better winch but you need the five foot tall one, otherwise about the time things start moving you run out of stroke.
My HD comalong is a 6ton chain version with 20' of chain.

lots of ratchet straps
2 pair of choppers
anywhere between 2-1000 head lamps
diaper bag
1/2 case of bottled water
jumper cables
log chain
bar oil
2 stroke oil
2-13 grill lighters/fire starters
lighter fluid
steel cable