Caribou Gear

'03 F150 XLT Supercrew

ThunderNocked

I have the fortunate opportunity to buy my first ever new vehicle - with some caveats as I have to use it for work: has to be New and has to have 4 Full Sized Doors.

So I got myself a F-150 XLT Supercrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost, FX4, Max Tow Package and towing mirrors. Luckily it was available on the lot so I didn't even have to wait. I am going to be getting tire chains, hopefully a winch and a few other things but what do I need to consider for keeping in my truck for hunting purposes?
I already have a jack, jumper cables, a tow chain (need to get a rope), ratchet straps, the box cleats, gloves, lightweight shovel, chaulks, spider wrench, Fleece blanket, and one or two other items.
I need to get some shackles and a snatch-block, as well as a come along until I can get a winch installed - but what do you folks recommend?
For now, mostly fun and excited to finally have myself a truck and to finally be in my own F-150.

I was not planning to get a Bed Cover because I'll be putting my Quad or Ski-Do in the bed sometimes, but I may reconsider later. Thinking about getting a bag for under the rear seat to have more storage and then a couple of big Costco Totes. But for now Spring Bear is just around the corner.

1679206774084.png
1679206831314.png

That’s a sharp rig! I’m shocked you found a crew cab with a long box on the lot.

If you can find one of the soft trifold covers I’ve had really good luck with them on two trucks. They come off in about 5 minutes and are light enough that you can get it by yourself.

I have some recovery boards and a pack shovel that have saved my bacon a time or two. A packable jumper box can help too. Gooloo makes one that has a USB charger on it.

That’s a sharp rig! I’m shocked you found a crew cab with a long box on the lot.

If you can find one of the soft trifold covers I’ve had really good luck with them on two trucks. They come off in about 5 minutes and are light enough that you can get it by yourself.
In second this. I’ve had roll up covers and the obnoxiously expensive heavy (and fragile) bak flip covers, and the one single piece and nothing has worked for me as well as a Tyger soft tri-fold from Amazon. It is the most water proof of all of them and weighs nothing when I remove it.

Here’s a hot tip. When you look them up at Amazon, scroll down under the “used” section and look for those in “very good” condition. Make sure it only says “original package damaged” or something like that. As long as the description doesn’t mention any damage to the item, Amazon guarantees it has all the proper parts and pieces and isn’t damaged. I got mine did $90 last year doing this.

Just looked your model up a few minutes ago and found one. I’ll try to post. Pic function isn’t working right now.

Add a tool box in the bed. Among the other things you mentioned, add a bottle Jack, shovel, and a breaker bar with socket for your lugs, and a full set of metric and sae sockets.

Looks nice. I have worked at a Ford store since 2000. The one thing I'd recommend is keep an eye on the front cover for leaks and the vcts for rattling.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back