Trouble finding Magnus Black Hornet.

std7mag

So i've decided to go fixed blade and looking at a higher FOC.
Saw several great reviews on the serated Magnus Black Hornet 4 blade.

But nobody seems to have them.
Lancaster Archery was saying ship 8/7.
Now they are saying 8/27.

Anyplace i can get these?

Thanks!
Std7mag

I bought some yesterday from an archery shop on eBay...
Be curtain your getting what you ordered on fleabay. I ordered some monday and got to thinking that the add had the right pic but to many words for what I was ordering. Messaged the seller and sure enough it was the wrong pic in add and he canceled my order.

Bit the bullet, (so to speak) and ordered direct from Magnus.
Ended up costing $48 instead of the $34 listed on Lancaster & elsewhere.
Now to get these Ranch Fairy specials worked out.

Thank You All for your posts!

Std7mag

Seems like the Ranch Fairy specials are in high demand.

Not that it'll help but locally the shop has 2 packages of Black Hornets but they're 100gr. Cabelas/Bass Pro has 100gr too. I sent an email to Magnus a few weeks ago and the owner was the one that responded. They are going to swap out some damaged blades (through a deer and into gravel bank) under their warranty/guarantee.

Ethics Archery was good to deal with for their Ranch Fairy field point tuning packages.
Wish it was one bigger package, instead of 2 separate packages, butt...
Took 3 days to receive in central PA.

Ethics Archery was good to deal with for their Ranch Fairy field point tuning packages.
Wish it was one bigger package, instead of 2 separate packages, butt...
Took 3 days to receive in central PA.
I have been thinking about doing the same thing, I have watched the Hunting Public and how they are switching over from mechs (twizzlers lol) to heavier cut on contacts, fixed blades and have been binge watching the RF channel. I have never harvested any animal with my bow: a PSE Fire Flite 33 from 2006 Left handed, 60 lb draw (I am the weakest 6' 250 lb man it seems), 29 in draw shooting Cabela's Stalker Xtreme (Carbon Express made) 340 spine. I have switched broadheads a couple times, but they mostly just go for a ride in my quiver. I had some 100 grain Montecs and Strikers which I like since they were sharp and compact (although I would have to keep checking the strikers to make sure one of the blades didn't fall out), then since some buddies of mine when I worked at Cabela's wanted to see what all the RAGE was about after shooting Muzzys for 10+ years, I bought a different two blade expandable by Dead Ringer. I don't want to deal with the rubber bands although I like the chisel tip and it is legal even if they don't deploy.
Anyway I too have been looking at the Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 125-150 and the Black Hornet Ser Razor and they are hard to find. Like MtnHuntr said Cabela's/Bass Pro has some 100 grain in stock, but don't offer the heavier stuff. I am glad that you were able to get some from Magnus. I also looked on Lancaster and MidwayUSA (they sell more than gun parts) and have found the same thing, backorderable until 08/07 or later.
I don't know if I want to get the 100-200 gr RF kit, the 200-300 gr RF Kit from Ethics or both along with 50-100 grain inserts and at least half dozen 300 spine and 340 spine unfletched arrows that don't cost and arm and a leg and go through that process. I keep looking for deals even on Camofire and other sites.

Reactions: CB1
I'm running an APA Archery Viper bow set at 50 lbs with 30" arrows. I'm 6', 225lb.
I'm using 250 spline Carbon Express Blue MZ.
I got both sets of the sample packs, so i can go from 100gr-300gr.

Once i find what she likes, i'll order the inserts from Ethics.

I tried the G5s. They kept deploying when i didn't want them too.
I also tried some expandables from Carbon Express that were POS!
They actually lost blades while in the quiver.

Been looking for those also. My ethics inserts and test pack are on the way. We will see what the bow likes.

What made you guys pick that over a single bevel?

I'm running an APA Archery Viper bow set at 50 lbs with 30" arrows. I'm 6', 225lb.
I'm using 250 spline Carbon Express Blue MZ.
I got both sets of the sample packs, so i can go from 100gr-300gr.

Once i find what she likes, i'll order the inserts from Ethics.

I tried the G5s. They kept deploying when i didn't want them too.
I also tried some expandables from Carbon Express that were POS!
They actually lost blades while in the quiver.
True for $56 might as well get both sets and see what flies the bed from my current set up. Then get the inserts and a couple fixed or single bevel broadheads and dial it in properly. I have never fletched arrows before.

Been looking for those also. My ethics inserts and test pack are on the way. We will see what the bow likes.

What made you guys pick that over a single bevel?
I have to admit, i saw them on Ranch Fairy & The Hunting Public.
I like the extra bleeder blades on them.
After trying & not liking about 4 different expanding blades i thought i'd try these.

If they don't work, i'll say that too.

WVgoodguy,

Any decent archery shop can fletch arrows for you.

Ok I give up, what in the he!! Is a ranch fairly? Or maybe I would be better off not knowing 🤔🤔🤔

Check YouTube and you will find out..

Basically he is an eccentric/sarcastic guy that believes in high foc with arrows over 550 grains. I think he has some up to 1k. Follows the Ashby teachings of high foc. Pretty interesting to my novice bow hunting mindset.

I have to admit, i saw them on Ranch Fairy & The Hunting Public.
I like the extra bleeder blades on them.
After trying & not liking about 4 different expanding blades i thought i'd try these.

If they don't work, i'll say that too.

WVgoodguy,

Any decent archery shop can fletch arrows for you.
That is very true. I don't have the equipment or tools yet, but I would like to learn. But in the meantime I could go to a dedicated archery shop. Most of the ones that are closest to me in the northern panhandle of WV are an hour and a half away, but would be worth it to get all set up. I am still debating with myself if I want to get a new bow after the season even though I have never harvested an animal with the one I have from 2006. It can be difficult to find left handed bows, at least in stock. But I would like to get my hands on some and see which ones I like. I know people sell their bows after a season or two and one could find a deal out there if they do the research.

I've noticed this same thing with a lot of broadhead companies. I shoot the deep 6 inserts and had a rough time finding any broadheads for my wife's new arrows. Wanted Muzzy Trocar ended up going with QAD exodus which are a great head as well.

Seem like several place just got a shipment of Magnus broadheads in. They all went up on the price of them as well. I found the best price of the buzzcuts from cabelas of all places with free shipping. Got shipping conformation last night. IF YOU FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR DONT WAIT TO ORDER. YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF WITHOUT.

WVgoodguy sent me an Amazon link that showed they had them. I ordered right away.
3 days later, still not showing as shipped.
Supposedly i will have them by the 19th.

We will see...

Back