Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Trophy SD elk tag

T Bone

Trophy South Dakota cow elk tag has my name on it...

Good table fare and hopefully will get the kids in on the action.

Congrats on the tag. That herd is going through the roof. You shuld be able to find one close to a road. Good luck.

It's trophy because it is......

I like antlers too, but I don't mind shooting cows and wee bulls for the freezer.

As my 1st year as a resident of SD I consider it fortunate to pull a tag.

I usually head back to my home state of Idaho for elk, but because of an Alaska trip and a shortage of time off, I'm more than pleased with the cow tag.

Now if I can pull an antelope tag, a few deer tags, I should have a fine season.

Wasn't making light of your good fortune. From the ensuing posts I gather this is a prime elk unit. Good luck in the future drawing a bull in this unit.

Ken

COW ELK .... ??!?!?

HAHAH !!!

:BLEEP: LOSER !!!!

(Yah, I'm still pissed I can't g to AK with you and Warren and Kotter......)

black hills elk!

what area did u draw, i have a buddy in eastern s.d. that got a tag also, his 1st. year to apply! the elk heard is crazy around here! elk everywhere! :eek: he also got an cow tag, we have a specail cow picked out for him, she is either pie bald or albino, we have not seen her since jan. so we are not sure what she is, i am going to do a full body mount, and of coarse we will enjoy lots of elk steak, it is a food group all by itself u know! hump

tibone good luck, and have a great time!

No Harley,

Certainly no offense taken!

Moosie, you unclipped monger, this is my 1st cow elk hunt of my lifetime, so if a loser i am, i'm ok with it.

I got area H73-23, I havn't seen all that many elk in the area yet except for the 70 head off I90 by the weigh station. From talking with a few of the locals, it should be fairly easy to find some animals.

How is RC treating you so far Tbone?

The elk population is doing quite well in the hills, I ran into several large herds this spring while shed hunting. You should have a blast getting agter them.

Be careful where you put in for your deer and moreso your antelope tags. The ranchers that are locking out hunters up north are really going to have an effect on the distribution of tags and land availability.

Smalls,

Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full.....so I will use this thread..

RC is good so far. The wife has made friends quick and the kids did fine making new friends.

I'm amazed at the number of deer here. With the elk tag and the deer, I do predict the freezer will be full.

I'm 100% new to whitetail though....According to TV the only way to hunt them is over a feeder!

Been seeing a good mix of mule and whitetail around.

I've been seeing some respectable bucks around, hopefully they don't dissapear come season.

You mentioned ranchers locking out public access up north. What areas? I will certainly put in for antelope, but would like to get an area with access.

elk, deer

hey t-bone,
if u would like p.m. me i would help u find some area for elk or whitetail, i am hunting archery whitetail in the black hills again this year. if u need anything just ask!
good luck!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back