Caribou Gear

Trapping 2013

174in

Hey people been awhile since I have posted here been busy. If you follow my facebook page you have already seen these pictures probably. Mainly targeted coon and muskrats this year. Both coon and rat population is down around here but I did manage to catch a few. This year I was trying some dog proof traps and was pretty happy with the results.

My boy and daughter got to run the line with me a lot this fall. it is a challenge sometimes but well worth seeing them exited when there is fur in the traps

Nice pictures. I also am trying the dog proof traps this year. Will be setting them next week. I will see how they work.

Here is another nice big boar in a ztrap dogproof

the big coon in this photo was the biggest I caught this year he weighed 26#

Here is a coon in a #11 pocket setup on a drowner
This was my first year using colony traps also ended up with 3 rats in this run

Had a good run this day, my boy only made it about 5 coon into the day before he fell in the creek.It was cold that morning about 25 degrees he wont ever forget that swim.I had to finish the line alone that day

This is how I haul the little one around while mom is working. My daughter does great as long as she is in the basket and we are moving.

another drowned coon

Muddy coon in a dogproof

The kids and I rollin hard for the day

My baby girl with here catch ended up with 3 mink 3 days in a row

Had a small coon out on this log in a dogproof but he bailed off the side so he is hard to see

Little man only carries mink and muskrats the coon are to heavy he says

1 muskrat in this colony trap bottom edge set

Id rather have all the coon dry but will take what I can get

Muskrat in a 1 1/2

I took 1 weekend and ran the local river here and will be doing more of that next fall

ended up with 7 coon and a small beaver on the river this day

That's about all I have for pics this year. Had a good time picking up some fur things are really freezing up here now and running out of time to trap so that is going to be about it for this year.

Nice critters! We caught over 500 rats last year and it looks like most of our lakes had a die-off this year. We may have a shot at one lake next spring.

I like the dps. I use them all summer to keep the coons out of my ducks here at the house. I ran them for over a week this fall and never caught a single coon. I think mice were cleaning all the bait.

I may set some regular traps after Dec. 1. Sooner than that, and I have to release bobcats.

Nice critters! We caught over 500 rats last year and it looks like most of our lakes had a die-off this year. We may have a shot at one lake next spring.

I like the dps. I use them all summer to keep the coons out of my ducks here at the house. I ran them for over a week this fall and never caught a single coon. I think mice were cleaning all the bait.

I may set some regular traps after Dec. 1. Sooner than that, and I have to release bobcats.

Mice can be a problem with the DPs. I would love to catch a bobcat that is one animal I havnt ever trapped. We don't have a season for them this low in the state and to get a tag in the northern part of Wisconsin takes several years. Some day I would like to take a trip out of state to try and trap some cats. Rats population is way down here also we had a dry year last year and floods in the spring.

Man, am I missing that. When I get back from AZ, it is time to set out some bobcat traps and call some coyotes and wolves. Great pics. Love to see you out doing this and getting your kids involved.

Thanks for sharing! One of these years I'm going to set aside some leave to give trapping a go. Don't really have anyplace to do it close to home, but we do see lots of coon tracks on our property. I've always thought that looked like a good time. Well done.

Though I know full well how much work trapping is, looking at your pictures makes we want to give it another try.

Thanks everyone. I didn't get pictures of most the fur but had time to snap a few photos along the line. I just ran a small line again this year all within 10 miles from the house I had about 2 dozen sets out most of the time. It would take me a couple hours to check with the walking and about 4 hours a day if I had both kids with me. I think I ended up with around 65 coon, 25 rats, and 3 mink not a lot of fur but it kept me as busy as I want to be with 2 young kids and work full time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back