PEAX Equipment

Trapping 2013

Nice. Our bobcat season starts tomorrow here in Utah and I can't wait. I always have a kid with me also. It is way more fun that way.

What's the heaviest coon you ever trapped 174? That one is badger-like! He must go 30 lbs?
Not sure what the biggest coon I have ever caught was the big one in the picture is the first one in all my years trapping that I weighed . That coon in the pic was 26 pounds on the scale. I have caught some over the years that may have been bigger but not by much I don't think. Between my dad and I this year we had a total of over 130 coon and non were over 28 pounds that was his biggest of the year. When you look at them and carry them very far you would swear to god the would go 35 pounds but the scale dosnt lie.

That fur will pay the freight if the market does what it did in the auction last February.
As of right now the market is a little shaky,a big Chinese buyer went to jail for not paying an import tax on 1.25 billion dollars worth of fur that I heard they fined him 25 million from the rumors I have been hearing. I am sending 39 coon to auction to see what happens. Still deciding wether to sell my rats to a local buyer or send to auction. I did sell 20 dink early coon to a buyer for a $10.00 average but like I say those were small small coon and not great hides. Either way win or lose on the fur market I had a great time.

Priceless times. Keep up the good work. It won't be long and it will be time to load up the live wells with some crappie.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back