Caribou Gear

Trail cams in Arizona

ringer

I listened to the webinar from AZG&F last night. Only 3 people showed up for the meeting and it looks like they will outlaw the use of trail cameras in taking big game. No trail cameras within a quarter mile of any man made water source and not legal for taking of game. I think the outfitters on the Kaibab basically caused this to happen with hundreds of cameras used to locate the bigger bucks. I think the people who stated at the meeting that the cameras do not improve the chance of taking a better animal did not make the case. The moderator sounded like this one will be passed at the next meeting of the commission.

Curious on this, I'm not in AZ, but I'm assuming this would be not allowed during season. Off season/prior too would still be allowed?

Tough to enforce but I think it was definitely getting out of hand down there. It sounds like some animals on the Strip and Kaibab couldn't even get a drink without getting their picture taken.

Won't be allowed at all if it gets approved. They said they would have to do the regular investigation process to prosecute so I assume they would take the cameras and do fingerprints etc. Have no idea how they will enforce this but they seem to be determined to get it done.

Game Rangers in Az. don't mess around.They can and will enforce camera use or anything else.I've been checked from the Kiabab to bass fishing.It's almost harassment.Many more Game Rangers than Game Managers in Az.They get it done.I guess it's a good thing.

Glad to hear it. I for one am sick of finding trail cameras everywhere.It's gotten to the point where you can't even take a dump out in the hills without being on camera.
In regards the the AZ strip and the Kaibab, those that say cameras don't help in taking a better animal are full of s**t because the outfitters and guides keep taking only the biggest of bucks from the herd and the genetics are going to get screwed up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back