Toxic Friend !!!!

Good hunting pards are probably harder to find than a good spouse...

Since you've voiced your displeasure, I'd say the ball's in his court. Hope it works out for the best.

I tend to hunt alone now. I lost a good friend because of a "hunting" issue that was turned in to a Pi$$ing match.

Ultimately, I decided that I go hunting to relax and enjoy myself. If I cant do that with the people that I go with, then I will go by myself, and my family. I found my own ground, formed a very good friendship with the landowner, and we have a mutual respect for each other. I help him out when he needs it, and he does the same for me by telling all the other Jackwagons that try to trespass, or even ask for permission that he already has people hunting there.

Makes no sense. I would rather hunt with good friends and eat tag soup than harvest a trophy on my own with no one to share the experience with. To quote an Army buddy "if you have intergrity, nothing else matters. Without it, nothing else matters"......

The sad thing is, some of these guys truly don't know that they are doing wrong by going around you direct to the land owner. In hunting, there are some that contribute to the sport, demonstrate ethics and sportsmanship, and others that just "take" .... these guys are "takers". They don't know any better, it's the way they were raised. Their parents (or those they grew up around) likely did the same type of stuff.

You'll have to do your best to straighten them out, and may lose a friendship over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back