Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tournament fishing fun

Duck-Slayer

Well I’ve been MIA from HT for the past 5 days. It was nice not having phone/internet! It was the 2020 Idaho State Bowfishing Championship this past weekend. Went a couple days early and did some scouting and fishing. Fishing was subpar for Crappie. Managed 5 on Friday. We trolled cranks as we sat on the carp the platform, Lots of little bass wouldn’t let us look for very long.
It was a big 10 format each day. We ended up with 455lbs for 20 fish total for the weekend. Was a super nice day on Saturday but for some reason the carp were not cooperating. Huge storm on Sunday, cloudy, 2 1/2 foot rollers but the carp were everywhere! One of the better days I’ve had on Brownlee Reservoir.
Took home 1st place overall with my brother and good friend Rick. Rick ended up with big fish on Sunday! Surreal to win, Been Bowfishing this tournament for 10 years and never were able to put 2 days together, until this past weekend! Thanks to the Idaho Bowfishing Association for hosting this tournament amongst the trying times we are having in this great country!
Matt

Attachments

• E6AF2623-0ABB-445F-BDB5-E8016A9DD7C4.jpeg
    E6AF2623-0ABB-445F-BDB5-E8016A9DD7C4.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 67
  • D354BC7D-44ED-4CC2-9E79-B1D02F043E2B.jpeg
    D354BC7D-44ED-4CC2-9E79-B1D02F043E2B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Congrats guys! Saw lots of carp shooting boats in NE South Dakota over the weekend also. I bet it's a lot of fun.

Comaraderie, competition and good times... first place ribbon material right there. Very cool!

Grats on taking 1st to top it off!

Awsome I used to fish walleye tournaments here in Iowa. Won a little money but tournaments turn fun fishing into work.

Awesome job! I just took the kiddos to Copperfield campground last weekend. Couldnt believe the amount of carp rolling on the snake. I want to get in on the Cascade tournament next year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back