MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Top state in numbers hunting and/or fishing.

Tom

Its Texas again by the US Census Bureau National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation. Table 51, p.97

Texas is number one in states for total expenditures doing that also.

If you count wildlife watching, which is mostly bird watching (I guess), then Ca and Fl surpass Texas, which is #3 then.

What do you think this means? Two times in a row, at least.

We should figure # harvested or # caught/hunter or fisher person/day/acre or per dollar. There might be ways to do that, but it would take more data than the national survey, I didn't see anything about success at the activity in the tables.

Fishing and hunting participants are down from 2001 to 2006 by over 4 million and 1/2 million participants each, that's not good. We should take someone new out to fix that!

Wildife watching is up by over 5 million participants.

I'm surprised at the hunting highlights for the whole US showing 220 million days of hunting with 185 million trips, i.e. less than 1.2 days hunting per trip. Sounds like we're weekend hunters mostly or on average.

Its at
http://www.census.gov/prod/www/abs/fishing.html

I'm surprised at the hunting highlights showing 220 million days of hunting with 185 million trips, i.e. less than 1.2 days hunting per trip. Sounds like we're weekend hunters mostly or on average.

How long does it take to kill something inside a fence? About 1.2 days, I guess.

1.2 is the national average, its just days spent hunting, not killing.

The top 12 states account for over half the US total participants over 16 yrs old in hunting and/or fishing in the 2006 survey.

Texas, Florida, California, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, and Missouri.

There's a table that has "trip", "equiptment", and "other" for expenditures, in Texas its mostly equiptment, but I didn't read up on all the classifications of expenditures. There was a table on leasing vs. public type data, but I didn't see it broken out by state.

Most people (especially in the east) likely hunt locally and come home each night.

I hunt locally a lot, i.e. in state, but this weekend its 150 miles one way, last weekend it was 255 miles one way.

It certainly seems to say that the typical US hunt is not a week in national forest/wilderness area of some western state.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back