Took some boys shooting

A-con

My son and I are active in the Boy Scouts.
While they do lots of cool outdoor activities, the only shooting is a merit badge at camp each year.
Several of the parents approached my about teaching firearm safety and taking the boys shooting.

Last Tuesday, I put of a firearm safety class with a test at the end. I was surprised at how well they did with 4 out of 12 getting perfect scores, and everyone scoring over 80%.

Today, we caravanned out to the desert with six fathers, three mothers, a dozen boys, about twenty different guns and at least 4,000 rounds of ammo.
Everything from a .22 short up to a .338. Shotguns, handguns, rifles, the whole nine yards.
Everyone had a blast. We had 4 boys and a couple of adults that had never touched a gun before.
Everything was keep under control and all safety rules were strictly followed.
Not only did we have lots of fun, but I truly believe we did some good. All of these kids now have a basic understanding of firearm safety, and know what happens when you pull a trigger.

The boy in front with the 1911 is my son.
The man in the red shirt is a former Marine sniper who acted as a second range officer, and was very helpful.

Last edited:
Looks like a good time. Better their first time around a firearm is in a controlled environment than at their buddies house after school.

You helped the scouts, the parents, kids the scouts know, people who live in your community, hunters, 2nd amendment proponents, people in the retail and firearm businesses, and many others. Job well done, and a good example to follow: Take a kid hunting/shooting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back