Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tom in the Tree

My days of running down lions and bears are about over Cameron. My outfitter told me today that he received a letter from the BLM that guides hunting on their lands will have to have first aid/first responder training or a forty hour course to hunt hunters. He will have to go through the training to continue his outfitter business, and he figures the Forest Service will follow suit with this policy. You can't guide and take money without permits, insurance and now this added training. Furthermore, the state of Utah is trying to put together a guide bill taht regulate guides. I suppose they'll want $700 or $800 bucks a year for some type of permit.

I suppose the BLM is doing it to cover liability potential, for themselves if not their guides. I see Doyle Moss is asking $6000 dollars for a six day one on one rifle elk hunter, while most people across the country think a lion should be free. I told my outfitter my price just doubled, and that I didn't care if I ever hunt another client. hump A good friend of mine told me years ago that if you ever find something you really like get all of it you can stand cause somebody will take it away from you down the road. And he was correct, if it isn't the fish and game it's federal government or the voters, or the deer and elk hunters that close your bear pursuit seasons......needless to say one of those groups will cost you your sport!|oo

Keep'em treed!
ike

I am sorry to hear that Ike, I know that times are changing. More and more growth seams to take our land right out from under our feet. When I was a younger kid in high school we would get off the bus and race home to change, grab the dog and guns and hit the fields just down the road. Well the growth of Meridian took that faster than you could have imagined. After serving overseas for 10 years I came back and was floored as to what was once there and then gone!
I hope that you find time to continue to hunt bear and lion for yourself.

The BLM mandate did fall apart and was withdrawn because some of the local guides threatened a lawsuit.hump We'll hold our breath and see what the state does now about a guide bill.|oo I had and old friend that use to always say, "if you find something you really like you better get all of it you can stand cause the fish and game will take it away from you." And he was right with that comment......

keep'em treed!
ike

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back