Todays story

snite66

So, for today, I decided to go back to the place I had such good luck. Best day I have had so far 50 degree weather not a cloud in the sky sun breaks early and the birds are gobbling just to hear themselves. I am lovin it!! every time I hit any call I want to I have four birds ringing, and they are getting closer. They are comming in a lot slower than my bird did the day before, but they are gobbling up a storm so who cares. All of the sudden they quit talking, and I am thinking I did something wrong. Then after about ten minutes I see a coyote comming out from my right sneaking right at my decoys. He could not believe these turkeys were not running away and he started to get faster I drew on him and he never saw me. Just as he was going to jump on my jake decoy I shot him, and he did a back flip and lay dead were he fell. Another good hunt ruined by a yote, but at least he wont do it to anyone else:)

Here is a pic of where he was lying right after the shot:D

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 385
Nice. Hope your left alone now when you call in that next turkey.

GREAT!!! Only good one is a dead one!!
Done that a couple times my self and once snow goose hunting....wonder what ol Wiley's last thoughts were???
Damn near got a bobcat once but he was sneaking in from behind me and saw me swing the shotgun to kill him

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back