Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

To the frame!

Elkmagnet

Reading @npaden 's thread of his new truck got me thinking hunters get stuck often. Whenever we would stick a piece of equipment in the field my grandfather would always say "we planted it hoping it would grow".
Show me some hunting related stucks. Good, bad, ugly and hopefully funny.

Here is my Nissan on mud tires locked front and rear stuck in a 100' stretch of clay. Idling and spinning the tires. I had to winch for almost 2 hours to retrieve it.

I was stuck in clay like that in WY in Oct. Was able to get out with chains. I asked my buddy why he did not take any pics and he said it was due to how I was swearing while laying in the mud putting on the chains. Ended up having both chains come off and one disappeared in two inches of mud. Luckily no damage when it came off. I walked a mile back up the 2 track looking for that chain with all that clay sticking to my boots.

Also somehow lost my clay mud covered pants once we got back to camp.

I was stuck in clay like that in WY in Oct. Was able to get out with chains. I asked my buddy why he did not take any pics and he said it was due to how I was swearing while laying in the mud putting on the chains. Ended up having both chains come off and one disappeared in two inches of mud. Luckily no damage when it came off. I walked a mile back up the 2 track looking for that chain with all that clay sticking to my boots.

Also somehow lost my clay mud covered pants once we got back to camp.
I considered putting on chains but figured it would be easier to winch than clean. Im not sure if it was. :)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Rental vehicles are easy to get stuck. No winch or chains meant hope for a friendly farmer with a tractor. :)

Reading @npaden 's thread of his new truck got me thinking hunters get stuck often. Whenever we would stick a piece of equipment in the field my grandfather would always say "we planted it hoping it would grow".

Here is my Nissan on mud tires locked front and rear stuck in a 100' stretch of clay. Idling and spinning the tires. I had to winch for almost 2 hours to retrieve it.
What did you winch to?

Elk hunting a couple days ago. Not a bad stuck, but I had no idea that there was a frozen over mud hole here. Was able to get out with the locker, but kind of disappointed I didn't have to try out my winch.

Attachments

• 20211126_101928.jpg
    20211126_101928.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Only place I have been stuck to the frame is last winter in my driveway in Denver. The snow drifted and was up to the window on the drivers side. Had to climb through the passenger side and thought I could rally it out. I was wrong. Just buried it deeper. Had to jack it up and put all four chains on to get it out. 7B75EA61-E9A1-4D73-87D9-F95C46EA9587.jpeg

Ratchet strap a 2x4 (tire width or even a little longer) to a couple of the tires. Or even just one. Start carrying in your vehicle, takes up little room. You’d have been out in less time. Works when stuck in snow, too.

I didn't get stuck, but some people behind me did. I left my teardrop trailer in the mountains since I would be back in three days. The 20% chance of snow ended up happening (the last we've f*%8ing gotten) when I went to hunt/retrieve the trailer. I skidded down the mountain 15-20 minutes, and flirted with going over the edge more than once, until I could give the truck and sxs behind me enough room to pass.

Back