Caribou Gear

Time To Leave Montana

@shrapnel are you going far enough south to visit Greg and Joanne? I think they've shot the 4k of shotshells they took with them and it sounds like Greg is ready to come back home.

@shrapnel are you going far enough south to visit Greg and Joanne? I think they've shot the 4k of shotshells they took with them and it sounds like Greg is ready to come back home.

Crap, I forgot to throw in my Webley, I even bought a case of 2 1/2 inch shells at the Billings gun show...

The P.O. Ackley manual is a treasure. Great purchase. I have hardback copies of his books volumes #1and #2. These I enjoy just to look at his research and development of cartridges. MTG

The P.O. Ackley manual is a treasure. Great purchase. I have hardback copies of his books volumes #1and #2. These I enjoy just to look at his research and development of cartridges. MTG

No doubt, when I saw it, I had to get it. I doubt I will use it as I already have all the cartridges I load for, tuned for my guns. It is just one of those additional shooting resources to add to the books I already have.

I have all of John Barsness’s books on Gun Gack, and don’t read them either. I find it easier just to call John than look it up. I haven’t got long distance to call Parker, so I may have to actually look something up...

If you’re escaping the cold, you might keep coming south and come do a bit of surf fishing on Padre Island National Seashore. Take a swing through the Hill Country before turning back north.

Yes, Texas froze last week, but it’s 76 today.

Next stop, Sequoia Park. We drove and drove and had a disappointed gate keeper at the entrance to Sequoia. When I got to the gate, I asked her if the flag was at half mast because Rush Limbaugh died. She snipped back something about Covid deaths and handed my card back with no more communication.

California certainly has no love for conservatives and no sense of humor...

80C06DCE-F553-48FB-9067-278611104BC0.jpeg16538826-9A6B-4A1A-AF13-B009245A5859.jpeg

I went to Gateway to pick up a pizza at Post Office Pizza. They had the flag at half mast and I asked why. He told me it was in honor of Rush Limbaugh. 😁 You got a Lyman 6X AO like the one on my Anschutz? Those are cool old scopes, you'll like that one.

I went to Gateway to pick up a pizza at Post Office Pizza. They had the flag at half mast and I asked why. He told me it was in honor of Rush Limbaugh. 😁 You got a Lyman 6X AO like the one on my Anschutz? Those are cool old scopes, you'll like that one.

1704465C-1A23-416D-B624-35569721AC74.jpegEB083913-A811-4C6C-A58D-A5DD2BEDB348.jpeg7C2B8C82-2E90-4CF0-88CA-D80EE1026F2D.jpeg9FE51AAE-35E0-47CF-ABBB-FC66239083C5.jpeg

On your way back through Southern Utah you might want to stop in at Beaver Pawn, in Beaver Utah. I think you'll like what you see. Well everything except the empty handgun shelves. They still have a good sized inventory of new and used rifles and shotguns though.

Next stop, Sequoia Park. We drove and drove and had a disappointed gate keeper at the entrance to Sequoia. When I got to the gate, I asked her if the flag was at half mast because Rush Limbaugh died. She snipped back something about Covid deaths and handed my card back with no more communication.

California certainly has no love for conservatives and no sense of humor...

View attachment 175398View attachment 175399
Or maybe just no love for Rush Limbaugh. I can't fault her for that.

Sequoia was spectacular, although we almost wore out a set of tires on that winding road. I guess the redwoods in California are bigger based trees, the General Sherman tree is supposed to be the largest tree in the world, measured by volume. It is certainly big...

F8FB0042-307B-4EBC-B84A-F61B77BBACE3.jpegFBA0DCF8-7889-4745-9A7F-6AE10CCCC093.jpeg

Stay at Wawona if you can.
The coast redwoods are the tallest and the Sierra version(closer to a cedar) is largest trees in the world,that is known.....

Although Utah was not much for landscapes and such, I did get a good picture of the ammo scare in Cabelas. I always look for some nice used guns in the Gun Library, but there wasn’t anything to look at. The line for ammunition was interesting, people were standing in line for ammo that wasn’t unloaded from the truck yet, to get first crack at a box of 9mm...
Huh? You must not have drove through the Utah I know.

I didn’t expect to see so many people in California, I thought they were all in Bozeman.

We did stop at Luigi’s in Bakersfield, a real landmark eatery of fine dining. People line up for blocks just to get in and they are only open for lunch...

B3483DDD-8A29-4E62-9F7F-FE3B8ADE735B.jpeg

I didn’t expect to see so many people in California, I thought they were all in Bozeman.

We did stop at Luigi’s in Bakersfield, a real landmark eatery of fine dining. People line up for blocks just to get in and they are only open for lunch...

View attachment 175615
I ate there several times over the years. There were some killer Mom & Pop diners & fruitstands thru the valley, some in obscure farm towns.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back