MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Time to go hunting

Muledeer4me

We leave friday for a 10 day hunt.
I can't wait to get out there.
It's been one heck of a long crappy year around here and I hope the worst is over.
At least for the next 10 day's it will be heaven.
Good luck to all of you that are heading out.
cool.gif
cool.gif

MD4me... I'm leaving in 7 days to go to AK... I klnow it's not Elk hunting, But I'll try to have fun
wink.gif

Good luck to you guys again this year !!! I'll take to ya when you get back, I get back, and The season slows down a bit.

PS, JB Florida is coming hunting Nov 1st with me, We might swing over if time Allows.

ALSO, Do you still have that "AWSOME BULLS" volume 2 or 3 of mine ?!?! I can't find it. I think I loaned it to someone.

MD,

Good luck, and hopefully you get a break in the weather, although I don't see it coming anytime soon.

If you get a big one down, and need help packing it out, give a shout.
biggrin.gif
I think I can borrow an ATV to help haul it...
wink.gif

Thank's guy's.
Moosie ,we just might have that tape.
I'll have Steve look for it.

Sure would like to met JB,at least stop over so we can give him a warning about you
wink.gif
wink.gif

Elkgunner,thanks for the offer,I'll be sure to give you a call.
But Im pretty sure if Steve or I get something down and it happen's to be close enough to where we can Legally use our ATVs to get it out ,the two we have should be able to do the job.(If they fail us we will be buying bigger one's for the next trip)
If we stick something in the back country, we will do what we always do ,(chain saw a trail & tell everyone our name is Ithaca HeHeHe ,Just a joke)
Quarter it or debone it ,bag it, hang it, and come back in with the back frame's and haul it out just like you big boys do. My big fat ATV riding ass is great for holding up the pack frame,and my leg's are still strong enough to help hold it all up.

smile.gif

Good luck to both of ya, you know my number if I can help out with all your downed animals. Give us a shout when you get back.
biggrin.gif

Wylee,thank's for the offer.
We just got home today with two deer.
Steve and I both shot our first deer with a bow----------What a rush. We both got a doe.
I did much better this time LOL One arrow and I kept it together the whole time.
I saw them running and I was able to get a range on a stump with my range finder hoping they would come through that opening(but they never did)
I didnt see or hear them so I took a step to the right and one was looking right at me.
I never had time to get another range on her but all the 3-D shoot's came through for me and I was able to trust my jugement on the distance,I drew back but there were to many small branchs in the way for a good shot.
Then she took a few more step's and stopped behind a tree leaving no shot,I had to let down .
I though (there goes my chance) then she turned around and walked right back the way she came this time stopping right in an opening big enough for me to get a shot.
She ran about 80 yard's before falling over.
I got Steve and showed him where I was when I shot and where she had been standing,we started tracking her and Steve found a piece of arrow with the fletching covered in blood .
I found the middle piece still inside when I was cleaning her,and the next day found the third piece with the broadhead about 40 yards from where she was laying.
We saw over 100 elk but never did get close enough to get a shot.
Saw lot's of antelope,five moose and I got to do a little fishing (caught 4 of those endangered Bull trout)and two brook trout.

Congrats on the hunt. NOW where's the pics.

mad.gif

Sounds like you both had a great time. To bad on the Elk. Better luck next time.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on the deer, MD! Sounds like you guys had a good trip. Are you going to give elk another try this year?

Oak

MD,

Congrats!!! Any bow kill is a trophy, so congrats. And sorry I wasn't there to help pack it out...
wink.gif

I thought you guys were gone for 10 days? You should get back out there, as the weather is finally going to turn, and maybe the Elk will get a bit easier.

Anyway, congrats, and where are the pictures???

Picture's LOL I dont think I have the hide left to be posting any more picture's around some of you guy's.

We had 10 days off but decided to come back early and get these deer butchered .
Then Steve decided he wanted a new truck so we spend some time getting that together and now getting it set up to tow out trailer.
I think we are taking more time at the end of the season and chase the elk around some more.
I was so excited about getting a little doe ,I wasn't unhappy about not getting close enough to any Elk. OK OK so Im easy
wink.gif
wink.gif

We had plan's to take some friend's out hunting again this year and (one 12 year old on his first hunt) so im not sure how much time we will spend elk hunting for ourself's this year.

Back