Timber bucks!

Buck Fever

A quick breakdown of the hunt. I spotted the 4 point buck 5 days prior to harvesting him. Not being able to relocate him in his bed so I pulled out and decided to go back later. My hunting buddy (ultrahunter) was there to help relocate. It wasn't an hour into our backpack trip we found him again about 400 yards up the same ridge. I could tell it was him with those high backs. 4 hours of hiking and stalking and the 387 yard shot put him on his back. Thanks to my buddy for the confindence in the shot! He knew I could make it.

Its gets better. While battling the weather we were wishing for a break and it finally happened. Knowing there was some more good bucks in the area, my buddy started glassing again only to find another great buck down the ridge. Thats all it took and he was off. I knew it was a connection as the shot rang out. Only to meet up again a hour after dark to find another bruiser muley on the ground. Ultrahunters buck goes 31 1/2 and grosses 210" with a 5 inch cheater off left side. Mine goes 25 and grosses 178". 10 hours of packing meat and we headed for home. Fun hunt with great memories!

Attachments

• 07 Idaho Buck 025.JPG
    07 Idaho Buck 025.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 569
  • 07 Idaho Buck 009.JPG
    07 Idaho Buck 009.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 567
  • Deer_Hunt_07_006.jpg
    Deer_Hunt_07_006.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 565
  • 07 Idaho Buck 018.JPG
    07 Idaho Buck 018.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 567
  • Deer_Hunt_07_007.jpg
    Deer_Hunt_07_007.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 565
Thats it...........I have seen enough trash outta Idaho this year. PLease let me come up there.

It was a awesome hunt but the best part about it (besides the big bucks) was that we were on public land with general buck tags and way above the last fourwheeler trail. I didn't see one or hear one machine the entire time that we were up there!!! I know it is hard to believe, it was refreshing. It was a great time that I hope to repeat for many years to come. Many thanks to my partner for finding this spot.

damn nice bucks for idahos general season, heck thems nice bucks anywhere under any season

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back