MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

tikka "upgrades"

Hunts

First off I love my t3 lite ss. Its been a great gun and still shoots as good as the day I first got it. Must be close to 8 or 10 years old. I upgradedthe recoil lug and action screws today and will likely do the bolt shroud and trigger guard in the future. Have any of you done any upgrades? If so, what do you think of them.

Maybe try some different rings sometime as well.

Thanks!

Bot a T3 4yrs ago. Really pleased at how well it shoots with hand loads. under 1 min/angle.

Why bother with upgrading a gun that already shoots good?

Just about any gun can shoot with a bunch of upgrades and gunsmith work. Tikkas are a value because they don't need them.

I'd just shoot it and forget about it.

What cal. are you guy's shooting that isn't kicking your ass,

I have T3s in both .270 and 30-06. I put a Limbsaver buttstock pad on them and both are just fine.

I'll never modify mine. They shoot better than I ever will right out of the box. Good triggers, smooth actions. Really one of the best values in my opinion, hence the reason I own to of the same gun.

I wouldn't mess with it either, unless you are having recoil issues with a Tikka. If the pad isn't enough, look at the B&C Medalist stock. My 7mm Mag went from quite unpleasant, to being fun to shoot. I think there has to be something in the stock construction or geometry, either way it works well.

For hunting I wouldnt change much other than a brake on a larger cal. For fun....man you can really modify them! They are quite popular with the precision shooting groups.

My T3 is a 7mm-08. Still has original recoil pad. Never felt it kicked very hard. I doubt the new recoil lug, bolt shroud, etc will affect the accuracy.

Limbsaver pads and Mountain Tactical bolt shrouds on both of mine. Also have a Mountain Tactical picatinney base I am not using currently but I will find a home on my next one, which will either be a 223 or a 308. Would not mind trying a different bolt handle but haven't found the right one yet.

T3 Superlight in 30-06
T3 Light stainless in 300win

Like the 300 but love the 06.

Back