Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tikka trigger knowledge?

Muskeez

Can someone educate me on the Tikka triggers? one is listed as a "single set trigger" and one is called a "single stage trigger". Difference? Preference? Thanks for any help for a newbie in the rifle dept.

I'm not sure what you're actually referring to, but I can tell you that my T3X has an adjustable single stage trigger. It was very easy to adjust. Breaks crisp and consistent. I've shot a lot of factory hunting rifles and I've been very impressed with Tikka triggers. They're better than most assembly line triggers.

I've never seen a Tikka with a set trigger, but maybe it's an option...I don't know. If you're a newbie, you're probably going to want the single stage.

A set trigger has a normal pull that is heavier, but you can push the trigger forward to "set" it and after doing that the trigger pull will be lighter. You have to reset the trigger after every shot if you want the lighter pull.

It is an option when looking at different models. Thanks MJE for the great explanation. The only thing I could think of on "set trigger" was the old 2 triggers we had on an old muzzleloader years ago. thanks again!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back