Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tikka T3x Lite with a muzzle thread

mummel

I know I asked this question a few days ago. Not sure if I missed it or if this is new, but I found a T3x with a muzzle thread in a .308.

Some questions about muzzles. I noticed that Tikka shortens the barrel by 2.4 inches to account for a muzzle.

1) What effect does this have on what grains of ammo you can use (accounting for barrel twist in a shorter barrel, Im not 100% sure how it works).
2) Do you have to always a use a muzzle then, or can you take it off and only use it sometimes (does this change your sighting in)? In the same light, does a 20 inch vs a 22.4 inch have different accuracy?
3) I read muzzles damage scopes (on F&S). Is this accurate?

Side note: I see the 6.5mm Creedmoor & .308 come pre-threaded for muzzles. No stainless versions unfortnately.

Im guessing you are taking about a muzzlebrake and the quick answer is yes it can change your point of impact because the gases can affect the bullet different as it leaves the muzzle. As for damaging scopes I've not heard about that.

Im guessing you are taking about a muzzlebrake and the quick answer is yes it can change your point of impact because the gases can affect the bullet different as it leaves the muzzle. As for damaging scopes I've not heard about that.

I silencer could also be an option. Just a pity they are so damn expensive.

Has anyone else seen these pre-threaded Tikkas?

I have a tikka t3x with a suppressor in 7mm rem mag and I think it may be the perfect rifle :)

I didn’t get mine shortened, but there is a slight change in bullet impact.

The shorter barrels is a popular European thought. Shorter barrels are more precise. They would rather give up velocity than precision

Back