Tikka T3x Lite/ Superlite in 7mm Rem Mag?

roberte65

Anyone with real world experience on the 7mm Mag out of the T3x? Curious if recoil is manageable in this light package

Son and I have no issue with Tikka in 300 win mag. My daughter has a Tikka in 30-06 and has no issue, but then she handles a 12 ga with turkey and slug loads out of a light pump gun. Put a sims recoil pad on it and go kill stuff. We are not shooting them all day for fun, but they sure shoot nice. If you want to get a bench rifle to shoot targets for extended rounds, probably not the Tikka.

Attachments

• IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • Molly and Joe with Molly's DIY CO Mule deer.jpg
    Molly and Joe with Molly's DIY CO Mule deer.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 34
As for the question on recoil... I’m almost embarrassed to admit... when I ordered my rings they were out of stock so while I was waiting I had a brake installed. I’ve never fired it without a brake.

I have a superlite in 06 and had a T3 in 300 win. The 300 was a little bit stout for my liking but was plenty accurate. From my experience I would think with the weight differences in the superlite and the t3x that my 06 and a 7mm would be close to the same on recoil. I can handle it no problem but I did install a limbsaver. My superlite with a vx3i 4-14x40 is 6.5lbs loaded for reference. Tikka is making a few models now with a removable factory break on them. That’s the route I would go, that way you already have it if you need it. Plus I think the veil and weidland models has a heavier barrel contour also.

Honestly until I got a new stock I was not a fan of shooting mine. Good thing there are a lot of after market stock options.

I have a T3x Lite SS. I absolutely love the gun. I worked up loads using R22 that shoot 160 Accubonds and 175 Partitions into groups just a little over .6”. I’m very pleased with that. I don’t think recoil is bad at all, and certainly feels softer to shoot than my Ruger Hawkeye All Weather in 7RM. I think the T3’s in 7RM are a great all around setup for North America.

The Limbsaver I put on my 300 WSM made a huge difference. I was actually very surprised that the difference was so stark... I was considering a brake but no longer.

I have an old T3 lite in 7MM Rem Mag and to me, it has a fair amount of recoil. I usually shoot my Tikka .270 Win now. Less recoil and it kills deer and antelope really well.

Thanks for all the responses! Helping me in my decision to go '06 or 7mm RM for my "one rifle"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back