Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tikka T3

I have had 2. A superlight 30-06 and a T3 300 win. The 06 is a .25 MOA rifle with factory ammo. The 300 was well under an inch but not that good. Sold the 300 and prob will never sell the 06. Its my go to rifle for everything. Overall its the best rifle Ive ever owned.

Looking at a TIKKA T3 LITE in left hand . 7mm mag. Will see what happens when I make them an offer ?

Don't really need it ,but if the price is right ?

I bought a Tikka T3 300 win mag about 10 years ago. I love hunting with it. Its nice and light and accurate. Shooting it off a bench beats me up pretty good. I suggest a good shooting pad to go with it. It has taken down a bunch of elk, deer and antelope. My go to gun for most any animal.

There is a reason why they are the best selling rifles in NZ, superb value for money, incredibly accurate, throw a limbsaver on the end to give you a bit more lop and assistance with reducing recoil and your all sorted. Couldn't think of a better rifle in this price range to put a quality scope on go hunt with.

Guess I'm not the norm. I had a 300 WSM t3 lite. It was under half a inch off the bench with factory ammo. My problem is that it was too lite. It was impossible to shoot unless you had a bench like rest. Could not hold it steady unless off a bipod or very very sturdy rest. The first season I had it I missed a huge deer off hand at 70 yards. I killed a few animals with it but never really liked it. I just sold it to fund a bi I purchase. Won't be buying one again. I went back to a heavy ruger

There is a reason why they are the best selling rifles in NZ, superb value for money, incredibly accurate, throw a limbsaver on the end to give you a bit more lop and assistance with reducing recoil and your all sorted. Couldn't think of a better rifle in this price range to put a quality scope on go hunt with.

Did you use the Limbsaver Classic Precision fit for tikka recoil pad or is there another model that will give you a little more length of pull? I like how mine fits now but a bit more LOP would be perfect.

I have a Tikka 7MM Rem mag in stainless that I really like along with a .270 Win with a blued barrel. They both shoot well.

Well said. In working up loads for a number of Tikka's for different friends I have not found one that won't shoot right along with one of my custom rifles. If you want the down side of Tikka's it is my opinion that what havegunwilltravel is right on with their LOP - easily solved. The Tikka's in my opinion are too light in the larger calibers without a limb saver type of add on. They will ring your bell in their original configuration.

Bottom line is for the price the Tikka's are as good as you can find in a factory rifle.

Great rifles, definitely looking in to one for myself as a bunch of my buddies have them. The limbsaver is key in the higher calibers but tikka just came out with their new model and it has an updated recoil pad and a bunch of new features apparently.

I have 1 Tikka in .300 Win Mag. The only "knock" I have on the gun is the magazine. I bought mine 10+ years ago - and have the factory rings on it. I haven't had an issue with those, although I know some folks have. I did purchase an extended magazine for it. I've never had a problem shooting it.

My brother has a Sako 75 in .300 Win Mag also. I find that the felt rifle recoil is a bit more than mine - which I do find odd because the Tikka is much lighter. I can see where adding a little bit of LOP would benefit folks.

My T3 is 12 years old and it had always been a great rifle to hunt with, but kind of a bear at the range. I did the limbsaver and it helped, but when I found one of these on sale at Midway a few years ago, it totally changed the feel of the rifle. It is now really decent to shoot in 7mm Rem Mag. I am not certain, but it seems like it improved the way the rifle transferred the recoil, and it has a decelerator pad as well. I could weigh it, but it I remember right, there was no change in the weight, or it might be an ounce or two lighter.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/457719/bell-and-carlson-medalist-rifle-stock-tikka-t3-synthetic

I have a superlight in 7mm mag with a bell and carlson stock. Consistent .6 moa gun with factory hornady sst's. Can't ever seem to bust into that half inch club. The recoil is very manageable with the b&c stock

Did you use the Limbsaver Classic Precision fit for tikka recoil pad or is there another model that will give you a little more length of pull? I like how mine fits now but a bit more LOP would be perfect.

Mine are in calibre's i don't need recoil pads for. However i did buy some limbsavers for my sako 75's and from memory on the box it said they fitted the T3's as well, would need to check to be certain. You could always put some rubber or grind some plastic to give you another .5 or 1cm in-between the pad.

Well said. In working up loads for a number of Tikka's for different friends I have not found one that won't shoot right along with one of my custom rifles. If you want the down side of Tikka's it is my opinion that what havegunwilltravel is right on with their LOP - easily solved. The Tikka's in my opinion are too light in the larger calibers without a limb saver type of add on. They will ring your bell in their original configuration.

Bottom line is for the price the Tikka's are as good as you can find in a factory rifle.

Agree, the LOP is the only sticking point with a taller bloke and longer arms, but i guess you can get a bell and carlson with a longer pull on it, but the factory plastic stocks are fine on them as bush rifles, and if you get that LOP up they are unbeatable as a cheap factory rifle imo and we are hunting with rifles every fortnight or so and often more over here.

I've got a T3 Lite Stainless. Been having a tough time getting it to shoot.

I hear so many guys say their's shoots great though so I'm going to keep working on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back