Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tikka T3

I have a T3 .270.Its a great rifle but a word of caution.The last three elk I shot with this rifle I shot at under 60 yds..The 140 g. boat tail was simply traveling too fast I think for proper expansion.All lethal shots but without the destructive impact you might anticipate.Two out of the three elk I had to put a second round in to bring them down.I also rattled in a whitetail last year and shot him through the shoulder at twenty yards.The bullet mushroomed and lodged under the skin on the opposite side.Odd killing shot(no major damage).So in summary,this could be a improper choice of bullet(Hornady Light magnum and Hornady Custom),but also indicates how fast this rifle shoots.I wasn't anticipating such close shots.Its a tack driver.Boils down to what the application is, i suppose.Pretty versatile,elk,deer, and one mountain goat.The 25.06 would be great for deer and antelope.

Update on how they shoot.Awesome is the word.Best groups I've ever shot we love both rifles plan on buyin another someday probably in 300wsm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back