Tikka T3

Terry aka Coydog

I am going to purchase a new rifle for my wife for our trip to wy next year for deer/antelope. She likes the 25-06, we used to own a ruger 77 in same caliber. Has anyone had experience with Tikka rifles? The price at our local gun shop is affordable, only about $100 more than savage. With gun and scope we want to spend no more than $1,000 or she will just take her savage 30-06 and a new scope. Thanks for any help.

Everything I,ve heard is that they are the best bang for the buck. My hunting partner bought one for his wife in .270, had it cut down and a muzzle brake installed and she loves it. She killed two antelope last year while being 7 1/2 months pregnant. She shoots circles around her husband with it. Good luck.

Father just picked one up in .06. Good god they are light. Seems to be a nice little gun. It would be my next gun if I was in the market.

I have two of the T-3 Lites. I bought them through my brother, who was a gunsmith at a Tikka/Beretta/etc. factory service center shop. I got them below wholesale. I bought a .243 first, and it shot so well and worked so well that I bought one in .300 Win mag the next tiem the deal was offered. I did put a Limbsaver recoil pad on the .300, though, as the rifle is so light for a mag chambering. The .243 consistently shoots under a half-inch for 3 shots at 100 yards. The .300 stays well under an inch with most loads.

Great thanks for the help. My mind was pretty much made up after holding one in my hands but I wanted to see if any of my old friends from here had anything to add.

Tika

I have a 300 win mag and a 270 short mag. Think about the 270 short mag. Not much recoil. I put a leupold VX-ll. Got about $850.00 invested. I really like them.

I own the Tikka T-3 Lite 300 wsm. Very happy with the rifle and the way it shoots. The only problem I have with it is the trigger developed some rust on it in wet conditions. Still shoots great though.

LabRus, Oh I definitely have thought about the 270wsm but have been worried it would have too much recoil for my wife, but it would be better I know if she ever wanted to use it for elk. Guess i could buy it and if it was too much for her I could keep it for myself and ge her the 25-06:D

I was up in Vancouver a couple weeks ago for my daughter's wedding. The weather was great and I was happy to miss the heat wave we had down here that week! From Vancouver, we headed south to Seaside in OR for the rest of the week.

How's the deer hunting been in WA for you, Terry?

CalifHunter, wow you were close to here we are an hour from astoria now. We've been doing well the last few years on blacktails here and the roosevelt elk hunting here is great. Live 10 minutes from great hunting here. I am the trucking manager for a large seafood grower and processor here, so doing real well compared to the past days.

Booked a hunt for next October with an outfitter near Buffalo,Wy to take wife on her first out of state antelope/deer hunt. Thought about the do it yourself but for her first trip this will be great. If you ever are in the neighborhood again let me know. Would love to have the chance to meet you after all these years

I have the T-3 Lite in .270 WSM and LOVE IT!! I would highly recommend one. I sent the stock off to Bell and Carlson in Dodge City, KS and had it camoed and maxx guard coated. That made all the difference in the world. The stock is not nearly as slick, and looks real cool with the camo.

We'll probably be up there again sooner or later. Becky is living in Vancouver and working for Nike in Portland - her new hubby is a fire fighter/paramedic in Vacouver. My older brother lives in Wenatchee, working for US F&W, and we were thinking about moving there last year. Next time we head up, I'll get in touch with you. Shoot me a PM with your email.

Well we went to the gun store yesterday, decide to go with 1 in 25-06 for her and on in 270 wsm for me. like em so much couldn't buy just one.:hump:

I've had three of them and each one was a bit better than the previous one. You won't find a better rifle in the price range.

I have the T-3 Lite in .270 WSM and LOVE IT!! I would highly recommend one. I sent the stock off to Bell and Carlson in Dodge City, KS and had it camoed and maxx guard coated. That made all the difference in the world. The stock is not nearly as slick, and looks real cool with the camo.

Bigelk,
I like the positive grip traditional checkering provides, so the stock on these rifles has always bugged me because they don't have that. Tell me more about the maxx guard coating...texture,thickness,sound deadening. Is the camo option seperate? Any photos?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back