Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ticks/ Snowmelt questions

BigTex

I’m heading out for a spring bear hunt in the frank church in about ten days and have a coulple questions I haven’t found a good answer to. 1) are the ticks real thick in central Idaho(27)? And 2) has anyone actually been out into the frank yet or know the area well enough to say if any or how much snow is still on the ground in there? I’ve had guys tell me there will be a lot of snow until the first week of June and other guys tell me the snow will be all but gone by June. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Everywhere we've been this season they are bad here. Especially if you get into heavy brush. Dog is a daily deal pulling them off of him. So far haven't found any on us.
Above 7,000 feet the snow is still on and some days there is more snow coming. It's slowly coming off.
Travel between the Boise valley and central Idaho. Very wet and cool right now. Weather peeps saying it will be warming up by the end of next week. Not sure on what the actual weather will be for the Frank.
I know the hound doggers are gearing up hard for this weekend haven't seen a bear yet.

Banner summit on highway 21( by the southern edge of 27) has some 8+ foot drifts along it with some new snow on the ground. Mostly it just depends on where the snow drifts in.
Ticks are very local one spot is filthy with them and another has none. Ymmv.
Good luck!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back