Caribou Gear

Thursday in the office

mtmiller

Headed out early for the field. As usual I had to post a sunrise pic to start the morning.
10_23_008.jpg

Here is a shot of a doe and fawn close to the road. There were about 50 other deer in the area, but these two were the closest.
10_23_018.jpg

Unfortunately the BIG buck was about 500-600 yards away. He was a dandy and was either a 6x7 or 6x8. He had a nice 3"-4" sticker straight off the back fork which would push him to 30" or a little better. No picture, so you will just have to trust me.
biggrin.gif

After a 6 mile hike with only a couple of deer located I had 8 does and a little buck cross right in front of me when I was only 1/2 mile from the vehicle. Here is a shot of the two that came the closest.

The fawn
10_23_029.jpg

The doe
10_23_030.jpg

I was in the open when these two came out. They just continued to walk dirrectly at me as I got the camera out and fumbled trying to find them in the viewfinder. They finally turned away from me, but still passed within 10 yards (if not closer).

Rifle season starts this weekend and I am just destroyed that I don't have a buck tag in my pocket.
mad.gif

Woops, I for got a pic. There were three bucks in this group, but you can only the ass of the third buck. He is about the same size as the buck that is walking away. The buck on the left was pretty decent.

10_23_010.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-23-2003 17:51: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

You buck finding sun-of-a-bitch
smile.gif

I hope you're not looknig for sympathy for not having a Buck tag !!! Mr. Shoot bucks in every state
wink.gif

Miller you the Man! You certainly get some Great shot`s, i like that sunrise, Thank`s and keep up the good work.

Nice pics, next time get a little closer to the does, i cant see them too good
biggrin.gif

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back