Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thumper007 the Original Thumper before old Moosie started Hunt Talk. Was one of the original members many years ago when living in Thailand.

Looks like you and your father had a great last trip. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Very nice runs! I’ve never done much saltwater fishing aside from a few fishing and bowfishing charters out of Venice. But I upgraded my boat this year to one that can handle some bigger water and my girl friend’s dad was going to put a camper in Hopedale until all the COVID stuff. Come June we’ll be out there chasing fish and learning the area. As long as something is biting that’s a good day of fishing.

I very well will likely be in touch. Got a family of 4 that like to fish and catching is their favorite part. Thinking it'd make a great break from school.

Looks like you and your father had a great last trip. Sorry to hear of his passing.
I used to run from lake Ponchartrain all through to Louisiana marsh Brenton over to hopedale and down to sw pass in Venice. Brenton sound has been a constant in the spring through fall. In fall, unless they open the spillway, lake Kathleen and Borne are killer spots. I laugh when I see guides and weekenders headed way out in the sound or to the long rocks when I am limiting out just a few minutes from the launch. They really screwed up lake Ponchartrain when the closed the MRGO and built the big flood walls. I said 7 years ago the after 5 or 6 years you would not see a trout west of I 10. I was right and lake Ponchartrain will return to fresh water soon.
I go to Venice when trying to break my record of 11.20 on a trout, but for namers in the 2 to 4 pounders Brenton is hard to beat. I have 3 24 foot Skeeters with 250’a, power poles, full electronics and gos trolling motor. 1 22 Skeeter rugged out that gets me back in the real shallow water 8 inches. Site fishing reds. Then my 34 Proliner wit tuna tower for blue water.
Yes a few pirough for getting in the 3 inch water and a 26 crab boat that I use for gator and crab. I sold my airboat as too many bow fishing outfits. Plus i rather run charters than have a boat lead of folks slinging arrows at night.

Very nice runs! I’ve never done much saltwater fishing aside from a few fishing and bowfishing charters out of Venice. But I upgraded my boat this year to one that can handle some bigger water and my girl friend’s dad was going to put a camper in Hopedale until all the COVID stuff. Come June we’ll be out there chasing fish and learning the area. As long as something is biting that’s a good day of fishing.

I remember someone that went by Muskeg man I figure you might be one in the same? Yes when this place first started up we had a bunch of wild folks. Many of us sheep shape hunting fools. This was the first site I ever used and where I learned to post pictures before the auto upload pictures. I had to build a site Thumpers place in the swamp to upload pictures back then. Used to be fun, a ton of arguments and then the gathering out in Wyoming. Man that seems like yesterday when it was what 15 years or so? Anyway good to run across some or the original folks.
Cheers from Saudi Arabia

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back